Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my C-HR yesterday and couldn't figure out how to make songs play by folder and not by Artist/Album. Now I've checked manual, and can't find anything on that. Is it even possible to play by folders, or I'll have to update all my 25GB library with missing ID3 tags?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
ID3 Tags must be filled in properly, otherwise the Touch 2 will make a mess of it.

(Use different, smaller, USB sticks because such a big one needs the Touch 2 a long time to read)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
I know it doesn't help you but this is one reason why I stream all my music off my phone. I let my phone do the organising and the car do the playing :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way. There's a "Playlists" menu item. Manual also doesn't mention it. I didn't create any, but it shows me a lot of playlists containing a few songs each. Any info on that? Maybe I could create playlists myself for each folder? That would be so much easier than updating ID3 tags :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Karmalakas said:
By the way. There's a "Playlists" menu item. Manual also doesn't mention it. I didn't create any, but it shows me a lot of playlists containing a few songs each. Any info on that? Maybe I could create playlists myself for each folder? That would be so much easier than updating ID3 tags :)
Touch 2 creates his own playlists from your most playing numbers. in the USB option menu you can choice the playlists are 25, 50 or 100 numbers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andries said:
Touch 2 creates his own playlists from your most playing numbers. in the USB option menu you can choice the playlists are 25, 50 or 100 numbers.
Aren't you talking about similar songs playlists? Because I just played a few songs ant there were a bunch of playlists completely unrelated to what I've played
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
The manual says they make playlists from similair songs.
(So i think it looks to the ID3tags. When the are not oke Touch 2 don't see them I think)

BTW, why you make the folder name not the album name? Then the problem has also been solved or not? (I have and it gives no problems)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have lots of folders, which are mixes of different artists and albums. And now there's no way to play them :( I'll try later creating some .m3u playlists and see if system recognizes them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I had MP3 USB playback in my last car and took the time to tag my extensive album collection using a program called Mp3tag
Works really well searches online for all the correct tags from amazon etc as well as art work which made the interface work correctly and display the album art as well, just be careful to make sure you pick the right album before writing tags, I dont bother with playlists on any of mine. Give it a try It works well and is the best one Ive found.

BTW I use a 64gb Sandisk the very small one and its formatted FAT 32

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Hope this helps
Jim
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So .m3u playlists work just fine, but now here's another problem. System auto generated these so called "similar songs" playlists for lots of songs (even if I tried it only on two songs) and my own .m3u playlists are scattered in the middle of playlists' list :( One way would be to rename my playlists to names, starting 0000..., but maybe there's a way to disable completely these auto playlists? All I could find is just the amount of songs in auto playlist - 25, 50 and 100. Does somebody know a way to disable it completely?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts
Karmalakas said:
So .m3u playlists work just fine, but now here's another problem. System auto generated these so called "similar songs" playlists for lots of songs (even if I tried it only on two songs) and my own .m3u playlists are scattered in the middle of playlists' list :( One way would be to rename my playlists to names, starting 0000..., but maybe there's a way to disable completely these auto playlists? All I could find is just the amount of songs in auto playlist - 25, 50 and 100. Does somebody know a way to disable it completely?
What sytem generated these?
Can you not delete all the playlists except your own on the usb stick?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now I'm fixing all ID3 tags and deleted some, but Audio system shows some weird named playlists I don't think these are in my library. Will inform of the situation :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I've checked every folder in my USB drive manually for playlists. I myself have created only 7 of them. Audio system shows me lots and lots of them :( It seems it shows these auto generated similar songs playlists, which I don't care about :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
760 Posts
Not sure what to suggest now. Any more info you can give? eg playlist names, screen photos, software used?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top