Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I push memory stick in, it lights up to show stick in properly but I'm not getting USB highlighted on screen for me to start.
It worked fine for a few weeks but now this has developed.
Am I doing something wrong? (I can't make 'head nor tail' of Navigation & Media manual)
1.2 Dynamic manual

·
Registered
681 Posts
And have you tried another usb stick ?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've got an USB 2.0 micro stick 16GB. It doesn't stick out so it won't break accidentely. It works perfectly for music.
For the updates I used a 8GB stick. A 16GB didn't work and Toyota advised me to use a 8GB.

At the topic starter, does the stick still work in your PC?
USB sticks tend to fail sometimes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've had no issues with a variety of sticks, USB 2 or 3. I have a glass blue 32 gb stick I use for music as the colour matches the interior lights :)

I did the software update with an old 64gb stick again with no problems. That said I do get odd glitches with the entertainment system, even just moving from DAB to FM.

·
Registered
760 Posts
TPM said:
I push memory stick in, it lights up to show stick in properly but I'm not getting USB highlighted on screen for me to start.
It worked fine for a few weeks but now this has developed.
Am I doing something wrong? (I can't make 'head nor tail' of Navigation & Media manual)
1.2 Dynamic manual
Going back to your original question I am not sure what you are expecting to happen, and what you have on the stick.
I have used USB stick for three things:
1. music. I put music on the stick and put it in, nothing lights up but if I change audio mode to usb it will play music from the stick.
2. upgrade. I put the update file son the stick and insert it. Nothing lights up but after a couple of mi s it starts the upgrade automatically.
3. transfer satnav destinations from old car. Exported from old car to stick, put stick in and nothing lights up. There is then a menu item in sat nav that is enable to allow ne to impirtbthe destinations.

Maybe it is operating correctly but you are expecting something different?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw that 8gig was recommended and tried two different sticks neither worked, another thread said it won't work if files from a Mac due to hidden files. Tried again (from msg) with a 16 gig stick and satnav updated fine. I think it may just depend on the pen stick whether or not it works. Don't think Toyota have a clue either as when I logged a query with them one of the questions they asked was did I use a pic or Mac.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this problem today. Friend gave me a USB stick (8gb) with music on. I then bought a 16gb stick and loaded it up with all my own albums. Wouldn't work in the car - USB icon on display just remained dark. Checked all the ideas above - music was loaded into the root of the USB, FAT32 etc. Then tried the following which cured the problem and my stick now works perfectly! Put stick back into USB port on laptop. go to home screen and right click on the USB stick name. Left click on "Properties". Left click on "Customise". Left click on "Optimise this folder for:-" and choose "Music". Check the box "Also apply this template to all sub-folder". Click "Apply", click "OK". USB stick now working in car!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
jenaphina said:
Had this problem today. Friend gave me a USB stick (8gb) with music on. I then bought a 16gb stick and loaded it up with all my own albums. Wouldn't work in the car - USB icon on display just remained dark. Checked all the ideas above - music was loaded into the root of the USB, FAT32 etc. Then tried the following which cured the problem and my stick now works perfectly! Put stick back into USB port on laptop. go to home screen and right click on the USB stick name. Left click on "Properties". Left click on "Customise". Left click on "Optimise this folder for:-" and choose "Music". Check the box "Also apply this template to all sub-folder". Click "Apply", click "OK". USB stick now working in car!!
Interesting. One other thing that I was going to suggest: I have always put music tracks into a folder called "Music", rather than in the root folder.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This problem must be a Windows "feature". If proper mp3 file is in proper file format the music player must play it. No play list is needed, but the above does not mean Windows not especially TT2. TT2 is Windows-like BlackBerry QNX mess-up Linux.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts