Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 CHR
The sat nav started not to not to pick up destinations 14 days after I brought the car. I’m in a May 2022 new model .Toyotas response you can only use capitals to enter post code but it still failed then they said you must leave a space between the first 3 letters and the last 3 still failed then they said it’s the dash cam disconnect it guess what still failed early July the sat nav failed completely also I have a phone issue every time you start the car it says on screen you are in guest mode dismiss or go to settings you go to settings put password in great you are now the primary driver .When you stop and restart the car message reappears like ground hogday.
Toyotas answer we have no fix at the moment. My first Toyota and I am not happy

·
Registered
165 Posts
June software up date done by Toyota garage
The official Toyota response no fix available at the moment for sat nav or phone
I'm stunned tho ours is 71plate with the older head unit not 22 it's a little erm quirky but it does what is asked of it. I do know of another make of car when dash cam was fitted front n rear,it trashed the Dab radio he could only get 4-5stations,also sat nav it was the type which views the road in real time then gives you arrow to turn or exit, it failed numerous times also it was a hefty priced car. After 7mth he had dash cam removed 1-2days later all was back to normal Btw was the dash cam Toyota dealership fit. I do feel sorry tho,and hope someone can come along with ideas

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mine MMI is a tad random at times

Somethimes doesn’t like manual entry of destinations, but voice entry works fine

My T only picks up half the trips and I am continually logging on as the primary user

Not a major issue but a PITA sometimes

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mine MMI is a tad random at times

Somethimes doesn’t like manual entry of destinations, but voice entry works fine

My T only picks up half the trips and I am continually logging on as the primary user

Not a major issue but a PITA sometimes
Huey you're still flying our flag btw. I don't mind little issue's,the lane assist love it for motorway but it's been having Groundhog days only when the ground is wet and I forget to turn it off. Just hope someone comes up with an answer for this CHR owner wondering if he might take it to another Toyota dealership for second opinion? Just warranty raises my concerns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huey you're still flying our flag btw. I don't mind little issue's,the lane assist love it for motorway but it's been having Groundhog days only when the ground is wet and I forget to turn it off. Just hope someone comes up with an answer for this CHR owner wondering if he might take it to another Toyota dealership for second opinion? Just warranty raises my concerns.
Toyota uk have been involved for the last 10 weeks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Toyota uk have been involved for the last 10 weeks
Dvl can you not ask Toyota flat out is this car fit for purpose I kno they say they're at a loss as to what's happened but for me that's a real poor answer by them. I built houses for a living usually if something broke it was the product 99% of the time at this stage I would say it's Toyota they sold you a product which has failed but I do still believe you'll get some resolve. Pls keep all informed as to outcomes I might go thru some motoring sights to look for similar things later on

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the letter has gone in stating the consumer act 2015 asking for a discount on car or a different model. Toyota are not being very helpful as I have had nothing personally from them after the e mail went 8 days ago

·
Registered
2022 Ash Grey 2.0ltr GR Sport
26 Posts
Hi dvI,

When our car arrived at the end of May it had the latest SatNav/entertainment unit and there was no experience in the dealership of how to set it up.

Using the manual I set it up but the SatNav didn’t find destinations and when on the motorway it kept trying to take me off at every junction.

I deleted all users and reset everything. It now works fine.

Some good information here to reject the car or seek mediation

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi dvI,

When our car arrived at the end of May it had the latest SatNav/entertainment unit and there was no experience in the dealership of how to set it up.

Using the manual I set it up but the SatNav didn’t find destinations and when on the motorway it kept trying to take me off at every junction.

I deleted all users and reset everything. It now works fine.

Some good information here to reject the car or seek mediation
👍

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 2022 CHR
The sat nav started not to not to pick up destinations 14 days after I brought the car. I’m in a May 2022 new model .Toyotas response you can only use capitals to enter post code but it still failed then they said you must leave a space between the first 3 letters and the last 3 still failed then they said it’s the dash cam disconnect it guess what still failed early July the sat nav failed completely also I have a phone issue every time you start the car it says on screen you are in guest mode dismiss or go to settings you go to settings put password in great you are now the primary driver .When you stop and restart the car message reappears like ground hogday.
Toyotas answer we have no fix at the moment. My first Toyota and I am not happy
I just wondered how far you've come with Toyota over the problems listed above. Had any feedback at all from them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The car went to my local dealership for repairs and the above posts are what happened I spoke to the dealership I brought the car from same group they had the car in changed the control box ( that’s what I call it, £2500 the part the cost they say). After 8 days everything is working fingers crossed .

toyota I eventually got a response stating they have 8 weeks to respond officially and that’s the only communication from them which I think is poor
The first dealer did exactly what Toyota said to the letter and the second dealer ignored Toyota advice .I can see this going to the Ombudsman as my feelings are Toyota will just say It now’s fine everything working
Missing the doing of the hassle I have had.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The car went to my local dealership for repairs and the above posts are what happened I spoke to the dealership I brought the car from same group they had the car in changed the control box ( that’s what I call it, £2500 the part the cost they say). After 8 days everything is working fingers crossed .

toyota I eventually got a response stating they have 8 weeks to respond officially and that’s the only communication from them which I think is poor
The first dealer did exactly what Toyota said to the letter and the second dealer ignored Toyota advice .I can see this going to the Ombudsman as my feelings are Toyota will just say It now’s fine everything working
Missing the doing of the hassle I have had.
My thoughts too, Toyota will say exactly that. Hope it is finally fixed tho. The hassle bit, I'm retired so I tend to live with as little of it as possible. But do keep the forum and informed. My son has similar with his new motor it's got 700miles on it has had wheel bearings on front replaced and yesterday strange smell coming of air con, bet it's low fluid. So far dealership dealt with it immediately it's going in tomorrow for this problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts