• <t>No</t>

Votes: 10 47.6%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

We are planning a UK meet-up at 11 am at Rutland Water on Sunday 13th May. Before we can get the go ahead from Rutland we need to have an idea on numbers attending. We also realise some people will want to travel on the Saturday so we were also looking at a pre get together the evening of the 12th depending on numbers.

Please can you fill out the survey to give an idea on numbers.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bumping this before I go speak again to the powers that be next week. Please do let me know if you will attend

·
Registered
251 Posts
Would love to have come, but I'll be at Old Trafford. Watching the league game of the season. Maybe next time !!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just a threesome going at the moment. Perhaps the 3 involved should contact each other and make sure they aren't already close together. Would be pointless all 3 driving 4 hours if they all lived within 25 miles of each other.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All

From the numbers above it looks like we will make 5 attendees (including me) which is the minimum the venue will allow for a meet up.

They are giving us a really good position right near the water and near the cafe but I need to go through some hoops. One of which is that we need to have two named Marshalls for the event - one would obviously be me. Does anyone else want to volunteer. We just have to make sure the entrance is clear of pedestrians before - allowing vehicles to move in or out.

Just a note to attendees the venue does have a parking fee. We will only have to pay this fee and nothing extra for the priority spaces we will get.

Thanks
Garry

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi James

I agree lots of hoops. It just such a great location for photos etc. We could just turn up but it is a busy location so no guarantee we could park together. What they have offered us is right on the water's edge with hard standing and isn't available as parking to the general public. Potentially it could accommodate a lot more than 5 cars if people decided to turn up on the day.

On costs
The Rutland Water car parks (which is a private trust) have a barrier ticket system, prices are:

Up to 15 minutes No charge

Up to 1 hour £1.50

Up to 3 hours £3.50

Over 3 hours £6 (allows free movement to all Rutland Water Car Parks)

Annual pass £45

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
travel lodge booked ,so see you there

·
Registered
388 Posts
Still humming and harring over this. The weekend before we are away at Silverstone for a long weekend, and I'm not sure we can do two weekends in a row, with other commitments. And it is too far for a day trip from the south coast. We shall keep a keen eye on proceedings!!

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Redwings travel lodge, cheapest price for the night,

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pretty sure he means the redwings Lodge near Uppingham which is a really good choice.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
That's the one Gary should be able to be the marshel but may have to shoot early Sunday just after lunch between 2-3 got a plane to catch

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Ans and that is fine. We officially just have to have two Marshall at the start to ensure safe entrance.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Subota Boy said:
Still humming and harring over this. The weekend before we are away at Silverstone for a long weekend, and I'm not sure we can do two weekends in a row, with other commitments. And it is too far for a day trip from the south coast. We shall keep a keen eye on proceedings!!
But you know you want to!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Garry said:
Subota Boy said:
But you know you want to!
Yes indeed Garry!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts