Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Took possession of my New CH-R on Wednesday and I am quite stunned at what a fantastic car it truly is. I have one question however. There is a button below the (Hybrid) stick which controls the Traction Control. When pressed it says the TRC is deactivated, but it says that every time it is pressed and does not appear to switch back on. Does the TRC come on when the vehicle is next started or have I possibly got a problem?

Regards

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the 1,2T and I have noticed that when you press it for second time it reactivates but you cant see it in the screen. The third time it deactivates again and so on... Also if you keep pressing it for a few seconds all electronic stability systems going off

·
Registered
681 Posts
The button you mentioned is the VSC switch (Vehicle Stability Control) wich control traction control etc.
Read from page 403 in the user manual. I don,t see a reason why you use this switch. Every time when you restart your car
it is switched on again. So read from page 403 carefully and only in some circumstances you use the VSC switch.
So in normal circumstance (no snow, mud,etc) keep your hand off that switch VSC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pressed the button because the vehicle is only 2 days old and I am just familiarising myself with the buttons. Also, when the Vehicle is switched on a TSC orange light comes on then goes off. I am assuming the TRC is ok when the light goes off. I believe the system can be different on different vehicles and that made me slightly confused.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I pushed that button accidetally once and i also noticed that turning it off displays a message on the screen but nothing is show when turning it back on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You should get a yellow icon in the display when its off 😉😉😉 No light when on... ☺☺☺

1 - 7 of 7 Posts