Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
I have just taken delivery of a C-HR through a company car lease.
The Toyota online services are switched off.
I can't access the wifi services.
This is because you normally get a 3 year subscription and we have to keep the v hicke for four years.
Rather than get into arguments about the 4th year, they switch off the system altogether which seems crazy to me.
I guess there must be a secret menu or something to switch this back on.
Any ideas?
Steve

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
not quite sure i understand the question but my car being online is dependent on me turning my 4g on my phone and making a hot spot to connect to the toyota services
page 151 in the navi europe pdf

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The service is deliberately turned off somehow by the lease company.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "Toyota Online Services"? You do not have WiFi hotspot in the car, or you cannot use Google Street view for example?
Do you have navigation/maps or it says "Not installed"? For the WiFi hotspot do you have a 3G router mounted in the centre console?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, it may well be the router wasn't fitted then. Buggers.
I have a space at base of dash where USB slot is.
Is that where it goes?
Maps all OK, just the apps, street view, petrol price app etc.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Perrinss said:
Ah, it may well be the router wasn't fitted then. Buggers.
I have a space at base of dash where USB slot is.
Is that where it goes?
Maps all OK, just the apps, street view, petrol price app etc.
have used your phone to make a hotspot ? that is what i do, emails on the go access to the toyota services, petrol ,weather ,etc also toyota breakdown

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, dont have the hotspot and it wont let me create one with the phone.
Dont know how they have done it, will have to see dealer I guess.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you use a stand alone hotspot or a hotspot from your mobile phone (tethering) what I understood from Perrinss
it was not possible to get an on line connection. Or something is going wrong or the wifi is blocked what Perrinss said.
If it is really blocked (I doubt it) then even it is not working with the stand alone hotspot.
So first Perrinss have to know what really happened and when he know maybe there is a solution

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
david63 said:
ans said:
yes but you use your phone as a mobile hotspot then Bluetooth tether it and boom your on line
The Toyota hotspot has its own data sim card connected to whatever network you wish and does not need any phone to be tethered
yes i know but Perrinss does not have one, and you do not need one (well i didnt to connect to all online services).
so i am guessing that there is a problem that needs sorting out at the dealers.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Namogeytay said:
I use my phone as a hotspot and I can get the online services. However how do you access email?
i have now idea it was a surprise when one came up, all i know is when one is received it shows it on the screen.
by the way i have samsung s7 .so maybe some things are phone dependant (andriod - iphone).
also have Toyota Touch® 2 with Go Plus

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
david63 said:
Going from that list it looks as if I will have to get a new phone as well. Just off to check when I can get a free upgrade!
;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts