Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CH-R navi has it's own personality and character but should be killed young.

Today I sent a "trip" through My Toyota for testing. First I compaired it to Google maps. Almost the same*.
Then I went to my car. When downloaded it showed me another path. :!:
Aqua was the suggested.
*I could turn left so I did following the red line. It insists that I had to go arround the block because of the start point.
When I was at the triangle it refused to turn left and keep on for the rest of the trip, but wanted me to go back and start over (blue line) just to pass from the start point.
There is no option to set as start point where my car is parked or null or wherever my car gets GPS signal.
I should have the ability to set only destination as in car navigation.

I feel at least stupid for paying extra for this shit. :oops:

I did the same with google maps which actually navigated me right to my destination.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If you send it trhough MyToyota web site, it does.

You are sending the route, you can just send a destination then it sorts it out as you drive

·
Registered
314 Posts
Kostas_F said:
There is no way that the satnav can force you to take any route - you are the driver therefore the car goes where you steer it. If you don't like the route then go the way that you want to go.

A satnav is only a guide

·
Registered
681 Posts
asinrute said:

You are sending the route, you can just send a destination then it sorts it out as you drive
How can I only send the destination. I can,t pass the startpoint of the route or is there a way around it.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
holyhead said:
How can I only send the destination. I can,t pass the startpoint of the route or is there a way around it.
I have the opposite question :D How to send a complete route? I was able to send just a destination :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
First enter your starting point, then click on add a step, then enter your destination. Then you can either edit it or save it. You must give it a name before you save it. Then go into saved journeys and send it to the car or download to a USB.
If you just want to send a destination enter your destination in the starting box, name it and save it, then send to car from saved journeys

·
Registered
681 Posts
mjvdzwet said:
Make the start point your destination (or first waypoint) and you will be fine.
Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Kostas_F said:
mjvdzwet said:
Make the start point your destination (or first waypoint) and you will be fine.
Silly me. :shock:
Thank you.
Not really silly you just a poor user interface.

Having said that it is a great feature once you workout how to use it properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.