Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to prevent my chr from skidding going up a steep incline. The tyres are constantly skidding and the abs is comstantly kicking in but it's not helping as it should. And the vehicle doesn't allow you to balance the brake and gas at the same time.

Had a 1.2 Suzuki Swift before which would handle the incline alot better than what I'm going through with the chr :shock:

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
have you tried turning the traction control off it may help ,may not
Turning off both TRC and VSC systems
press and hold the traction control button by the handbrake for more than 3 second to turn all assisted features off.
worth a try but make sure you turn it back on , use at your own risk

·
Registered
554 Posts
What type of temperatures are you driving in and which tyres do you have fitted?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am skidding going upwards as I try to accelerate. And I'm driving in hot temperatures 35c using dueler tyres.

After attempting this drive several times now I wondering if weight is the issue with the battery being to the back of the vehicle

·
Registered
554 Posts
Having visited Trinny I knew it was going to be hot and usually quite damp/humid, also thanks for confirming you've got the Hybrid.

I'd seriously consider taking it back to the supplying dealer so that they an deal with the issue with a change of rubber, or else consider changing Your hybrid out for the 4x4 version.

A little surprised that the hybrid was available in your country just because of the closer proximity of the US (when compared to Europe), in fact when I look at the Toyoya T&T site it doesn't even list the C-HR...so please explain how you got yours?

If not released in your country sadly you're a little stuck if it was a special/personal import :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it was a personal import. In trinidad alot of us import our own vehicles. Just didn't expect the chr to be worst at climbing the incline than my previous 1.2 cvt Suzuki Swift. Sigh

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also just back from Trinidad, and I couldn't believe the slopes. My host would have to stop half-way up to key in the code for the gates, and then pull away again. Loads of skidding and burning smells despite setting car for 4WD. Not C-HR but Nissan. Hadn't fully appreciated how important 4WD could be in 'urban' setting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts