Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Day on road April 2017 under 50 miles crack appears on top of windscreen inside, report to dealer that promptly orders replacement, unfortunately replacement arrived damaged, eventually got replaced.
Today just under 2000 miles another cracked screen.

I see other posts on this, now feel i have some ammunition just in case when i call dealer.

great car IMO

·
Registered
21 Posts
binseylynette said:
First Day on road April 2017 under 50 miles crack appears on top of windscreen inside, report to dealer that promptly orders replacement, unfortunately replacement arrived damaged, eventually got replaced.

I see other posts on this, now feel i have some ammunition just in case when i call dealer.

great car IMO
Sorry to hear
I must ask did you recieve a new toughend screen or was it just stock ?
As this now is my biggest fear
A total recall possible stress issues ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car was due to be delivered latest by 15th April. I was then told that they'd found a cracked windscreen and last time I called for an update I was told that the new expected delivery is 19 May due to further checks!. I'm not hopeful.

·
Registered
681 Posts
binseylynette said:

great car IMO
Makes the score 22 on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The information given from Toyota HO today is that the screen is of sufficient strength???? and that the other problem with CHR screens is possibly due to a fitment issue, and that my second damaged screen that has a pin head size impact and large crack is not a warrantee repair and is to go through insurance.
Cant help feeling although not qualified to state this, as do not have any test data that the screens are not as strong as they could be this is my concern now, but time will tell I guess
May get to own the car for a while one day with out the damage staring at me every time i drive

·
Registered
681 Posts
I suppose that if you have a pin head size impact and large crack that you can see or feel some damage of the inpact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.