Toyota C-HR Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
raija said:
In item 2 is said "shift the shift level to P" and this cannot be done unless the brake pedal is depressed.
That is factually incorrect too, I'm afraid. I just tried it. You can move the gear shift lever without the brake pedal depressed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Alexr said:
raija said:
In item 2 is said "shift the shift level to P" and this cannot be done unless the brake pedal is depressed.
That is factually incorrect too, I'm afraid. I just tried it. You can move the gear shift lever without the brake pedal depressed.
Yes.. You are correct Alexr...The gear lever can be moved from any gear selection Except P" without the brake being pressed..When the lever is in P" the brake must be pressed to move it to any other selection..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Now I do not understand. How can I stop the car without braking?

I drive the car to my yard and the gear is in the D position. I do not brake and do not move the gear to the P position. How do I stop it? Do I press the Power switch while the car is still moving. :?

·
Registered
755 Posts
raija said:
Now I do not understand. How can I stop the car without braking?

I drive the car to my yard and the gear is in the D position. I do not brake and do not move the gear to the P position. How do I stop it? Do I press the Power switch while the car is still moving. :?
The discussion is not about stopping the forward motion of the vehicle, but about when you take your foot off the brake pedal.
Of course you use the brake pedal to stop the car (inD).
You then have to do 3 things before you exit the vehicle.
1. Release the brake
2. Move to P
3. Press power button.

Some are interpreting the quoted manual section to mean it MUST be in the order 2,3,1. But testing proves that provided you do 2 before 3 then no 1 can be done anywhere in the sequence.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Does the TS have a hybrid?? Or a just a 2.0L manual?
As he comes from Canada it might be a model we dont have here. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks all, dealership is going to check. It has happened a few dozen times, yes I am turning off correctly (I am now very cognizant) but apparently there have now been a few deaths here due to the car being in the garage and carbon monoxide). The door does beep 3 times if it is on still when you open the door (beeps once if a window is open), the dealership also said there is also a safety, it is suppose to shut off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Last weekend, I got groceries, we unloaded them (car was off), we went to a garage sale (approx. 1 hr) and took another vehicle, when I came home I opened the passenger door to throw my wallet in and when I closed the door, the car started even though the keys were in the locked house. I have also looked out the window at work and the running lights are on, or the mirrors are open after I had locked it and I am going thru a ton of gas, sometimes 2-3 tanks a week, when I usually fill up once a week, so just be aware (I used to be a firefighter, so safety is important). Otherwise, I love my car and have the only one on the View attachment 264 planet with this color combination and everyone is always asking what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
PS, Deaths were not specifically this car or Toyota, it has something to do with the key-less starter and safety board is aware, but of course the first thing they do is blame the driver.....but I have witnesses to it both not turning off and it turning on by itself.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Silly question maybe, but does this happen everywhere or only at home/same area. There have been reports where cellular antennas or such interfere quite badly with rf equipment (like locking mechanisms/garage door openers,...)

·
Registered
684 Posts
You have got a 2.0L model and no Hybrid.

The C-HR have keyless entry. No keyless start. The car has to ´see´ the key close to him (her) before it can start. Normally..
Something is not OK with your car. Take care of that because the carbon monoxide is a dirty no-smell killer. :shock:

·
Registered
7 Posts
RevT said:
Thanks all, dealership is going to check. It has happened a few dozen times, yes I am turning off correctly (I am now very cognizant) but apparently there have now been a few deaths here due to the car being in the garage and carbon monoxide). The door does beep 3 times if it is on still when you open the door (beeps once if a window is open), the dealership also said there is also a safety, it is suppose to shut off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Last weekend, I got groceries, we unloaded them (car was off), we went to a garage sale (approx. 1 hr) and took another vehicle, when I came home I opened the passenger door to throw my wallet in and when I closed the door, the car started even though the keys were in the locked house. I have also looked out the window at work and the running lights are on, or the mirrors are open after I had locked it and I am going thru a ton of gas, sometimes 2-3 tanks a week, when I usually fill up once a week, so just be aware (I used to be a firefighter, so safety is important). Otherwise, I love my car and have the only one on the CHR.jpgplanet with this color combination and everyone is always asking what it is.
Was this resolved.? Pretty sure mine has a similar gremlin as its started twice on its own. Assume there is no key remote start?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts