Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now in receipt of my shiny new hybrid C-HR but cannot seem to get the TMC traffic alerts to work at all, usually listen to DAB radio but as manual states I have set it to automatically receive updates from Classic FM which is UK nominated station which if I tune to Classic is receiving a strong signal around the North Wst of England but no alerts!!. My last vehicle , a Nissan announced traffic alerts when selected even when listening to a DAB station. The radio does momentarily mute at times which I suspect is start of a TMC broadcast but no audio. I have seen the earlier posts on this subject by LTFS but seems no deifinative answers, seeking advice before I present facts to dealer in case there is a known fix.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
When you think the traffic announcement has startedpush the volume+ may be turned down the same way warning camera volume can be adjusted. Just a stab in the dark

·
Registered
521 Posts
Strange but it doesn't work for me on DAB, is fine on FM, on other cars I've had it has worked on DAB. No idea why this is

·
Registered
7 Posts
asinrute said:
Strange but it doesn't work for me on DAB, is fine on FM, on other cars I've had it has worked on DAB. No idea why this is
My understanding is that there is no traffic information currently being broadcast on UK DAB radio. I have just sold a Yaris Hybrid which was the same and this is what I learned. You need a radio which can receive FM traffic broadcasts while listening to DAB and can interrupt the DAB broadcast with the FM traffic flash. I have a Mini Cooper convertible which does exactly that. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have now had it confirmed from Toyota customer service that the Traffic assist function does not work when listening to DAB broadcasts only when listening to FM, USB or Ipod. Poor design specification as other manufacturers manage to integrate with DAB without issues.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I use my Navigation with TomTom live traffic so I don,t miss the traffic info with DAB.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Niggle said:
I have now had it confirmed from Toyota customer service that the Traffic assist function does not work when listening to DAB broadcasts only when listening to FM, USB or Ipod. Poor design specification as other manufacturers manage to integrate with DAB without issues.
I always have the radio on DAB, and the Traffic information works fine.
Even when I play music from USB the Traffic information came in when broadcast.

Perhaps it is different for each country.
I am from NL but drive oft in Germany, there it works also fine.
(I have Touch 2 without navi)

·
Registered
681 Posts
That could be different without the navigation you have traffic alert via the DAB. With Navigation you have TomTom live traffic and don,t need the traffic via DAB.
So if there are more CHR owners in the UK who have the touch 2 without Navi they can tell us if they have Traffic via DAB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I connect my system to my iPhone via a "hotspot" link and get live updates via the internet connection.

Seem to be really accurate and updates all the time, much more often than the RDS on the radio. The radio update would normally be so out of date or miss things entirely I never bothered using it in my old car and wasn't going to in this one, but now it's "live" over 3G/4G it's really good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts