Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys thinking about going for the hybrid 'icon' model with the 'tech' and 'satnav' packs, was just wondering what the difference is between that and the 'excel' version. I've looked at the specs and nothing jumps out at me tbh lol.

Also, any verdicts on the satnav, as the touch n go in my prius is very slow to update especially on roundabouts. Is the current version any better. Not a deal breaker tbh but handy to have at certain times.

Tia.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Tried to use navigation once. If there's a phone around with data plan, no more Toyota navigation :D
I got so pissed off when had to enter address. It's so slow. Took ~5 minutes to enter a location.
Actually whole Toyota's infotainment system sucks. The more I use it, the more it frustrates me :D

G

·
I have Icon with tech pack and no satnav. Am happy to continue to use my Garmin and not pay extra for Toyota satnav plus £££ for updates. Can't say I regret this decision- I like the tech stuff, don't miss satnav, saved money. No idea what it'll do for resale value. Only downside is wires running from central console to dashboard when using Garmin but can live with that.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The difference is.

* 18" black machined-face alloy wheels (10-double-spoke)
* Privacy glass
* Dark brown upper dashboard
* Silver deco line on upper dashboard
* Light blue ambient lighting on front doors
* Heated driver's & front passenger seats
* Premium liquorice partial leather seats
* Front and rear parking sensors

About the Satnav, I have a different experience with it. To start up take a while (approx 1 min). To enter an address is quick enough. On the moment I am in Devon and the trip from Harwich to Newton Abbot works fine with the satnav even the traffic announcement.
I must admit my Stand alone TomTom Go 5000 is quicker but I prefer the integrated Satnav.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Simongw said:
I have Icon with tech pack and no satnav. Am happy to continue to use my Garmin and not pay extra for Toyota satnav plus £££ for updates. Can't say I regret this decision- I like the tech stuff, don't miss satnav, saved money. No idea what it'll do for resale value. Only downside is wires running from central console to dashboard when using Garmin but can live with that.
The Toyota Satnav is included 3 Year mapcare (every half year a new map) and connected services.

·
Registered
280 Posts
holyhead said:
The difference is.

* 18" black machined-face alloy wheels (10-double-spoke)
* Privacy glass
* Dark brown upper dashboard
* Silver deco line on upper dashboard
* Light blue ambient lighting on front doors
* Heated driver's & front passenger seats
* Premium liquorice partial leather seats
* Front and rear parking sensors

About the Satnav, I have a different experience with it. To start up take a while (approx 1 min). To enter an address is quick enough. On the moment I am in Devon and the trip from Harwich to Newton Abbot works fine with the satnav even the traffic announcement.
I must admit my Stand alone TomTom Go 5000 is quicker but I prefer the integrated Satnav.
Not liquorice leather in the uk.
Sat nav is slow to update on roundabouts
Only use postcode input on addresses - much quicker

·
Registered
93 Posts
I too find the satnav slow when typing in the address and everything userinterface related. But with the navigation itself I have no issues. I made a few trips with it without any problems... traffic alert was spot on.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Mark said:
Only use postcode input on addresses - much quicker
In Lithuania it's useless. We don't have separate postcodes for each address.

Flood said:
But with the navigation itself I have no issues. I made a few trips with it without any problems... traffic alert was spot on.
When I finally got the address, navigation itself was good, but no traffic alerts. Maybe because I didn't connect to internet (for now I have very limited data plan)

·
Registered
380 Posts
You can also press the "speak" button and say the address. It works 95% of the time flawless and otherwise it presents you a few choices.
The sat nav is just OK, It is a bit dated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
mjvdzwet said:
You can also press the "speak" button and say the address. It works 95% of the time flawless and otherwise it presents you a few choices.
The sat nav is just OK, It is a bit dated.
Tried to speak my home address gave me 3 options all over 150 miles away, I gave up. It is odd that the Lexus ct200h I had used the Tom Tom Go system and it was excellent

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, thanks for the responses everyone. Think I'll stay with the icon, thanks holyhead, good info there :)
Still unsure about the satnav, the current one in my prius is next to useless on roundabouts and seems to treat county lanes(60mph limit) the same as major roads and dual carriageways..... so shit really LOL
Suppose it depends how much RRG wanna give me for my Prius now :roll:

·
Registered
147 Posts
The satnav is slow to use, inputting details is like pulling teeth, but, once in I've found it excellent, it diverted me around a crash on the M6 which was so quick I will use the same route again for normal trips.

I'll be honest the whole info- tainment unit is a bit pants, slow to respond but once going it's ok.

That said it's much better than my old car, except I miss the old school feel of inserting a CD every now and then :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here just to echo everyone else's sentiments on the Sat Nav system. I'm not sure how much it adds to the cost of the car but my Dynamic came with it and It's pretty much useless. I loved the idea of planning my journey from my bed and sending it to the car! Wow! In reality, the ETA changes constantly so you've no idea when you're likely to arrive! And if you even think about using that journey again it will take you back home first to begin it!!
I use Waze, on my phone, which is updated by real people so is much more accurate, faster and more reliable.
Good luck with your new car though

·
Registered
380 Posts
To prevent starting a trip from "home" just enter the destination as single point.
It's not required to enter more then one location.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Herman said:
Sauron said:
Suppose it depends how much RRG wanna give me for my Prius now :roll:
Sell on free market... Which Y?
I need the car for work, so getting it sold at the same time I pick the new one up is going to be nigh on impossible...... easier to part ex it tbh.

Not really to bothered about all the media options with the touch n go, just need to be able to chuck a postcode at it to get somewhere in an emergency........ or find an hospital that i'm not familiar with, which happened recently :roll:
Going to the local dealer tomorrow to have a look :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.