Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a test drive of the 1.2 Dynamic, must admit I'm very impressed.

Haven't actually said Yes yet, told them I'd think about it overnight.

Still no discount on price of vehicle or styling bits. But said if I bought mudflaps and wind deflector off eBay, they would fit these parts FOC, as long as their genuine parts.

If ordered this week, could have for September delivery.

Thoughts please ??

·
Registered
109 Posts
What colour are you going for ? I went for the base FOC colour Pure White in the Excel Manual. When they looked at ordering system the majority of colours were all available for delivery within 2 weeks as they were all at the UK delivery centre and did not require a factory build. Perhaps its different for the Dynamic. Any particular reason you want to go for the Dynamic over the Excel ? When I looked at the spec the only thing on the Dynamic I would have liked was the LED lights and the "strobing" indicators. I couldn't see anything else I would want to justify the higher price. The bright blue trim across the top and the purplish door cards are bit too toy town. The silverish and brown top dash in the Excel is more classy and doesn't hit you in the face. I also preferred the part leather seats in the Excel.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going for the Metalstream, I'm going for the Dynamic because of the lights/indicators,and I like the blue interior as opposed to the brown, i know that's just a personal thing though. Not too fussed about leather, and if I did I'd get it reupholstered to my liking and not just the factory option. I also like the black roof,again just a personal thing.

Could probably have earlier, but might as well wait for a 67 plate in September.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I purchased my car they said that Toyota wouldn't be able to offer discounts on the CHR as the car has been out for only a short while. They also mentioned that the demonstrator cars are free to be sold from September onwards. SO... you may be able to get a discount if order in September OR get a hugely discounted demonstrator model.

Hope this helps.
A-Dawg

·
Registered
130 Posts
ScomadiFP200 and DuncanM

Your posts made me smile as you wrote my predicament back in February. You are both right of course, colour, different specs or justifying of cost

For us. We test drove (my dealer might correct this slightly!!) a 1.2 icon and a hybrid excel. One car black the other white. In the show room was a hybrid dynamic in metal Stream.

It was the only choice for us.

That said numbers needed to add up so we discussed and were quoted on a fully loaded excel. For us there was so little in the price that we went dynamic.

Yes it's the blue trim (sorry brown didn't work for me, but I totally get it does for others) and we wanted full leather but went for blue fabric. yes the LED lights I love. Indicators fun. Personally I think bi tone cars cut it at the min so the black roof.

I got dealer to install mudflaps and own experience and comments in forum suggest road mud etc will be over your sides as soon as you venture out without them.

We were always aiming for hybrid tho having driven the 1.2 I'd have been very happy with the manual. (in fact I wish hybrid could be manual/flappy paddles.

So post purchase. Yes I've had the dreaded screen prob , twice (which I think Toyota are now close to solving. At least I hope so!!) but the car is GREAT and I still wake up each morning and smile at the designn both inside and out. The stares and smiles the car receives. My (personal) mileage is too right footed but none of this is a regret.

In fact only thing I might have changed (and it's only a might) would be Metal Stream to Nebula blue (dynamic) which I think looks really good on road.

So yes. I would recommend ordering but would advise (which you are doing) a peruse of topics on this forum, and pick your dealer carefully. If they're good (mine is) and you're confident in them, you will love the car.
And now I sound like an advert..... :shock:

Good luck with your new car!!!
:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
A-Dawg said:
When I purchased my car they said that Toyota wouldn't be able to offer discounts on the CHR as the car has been out for only a short while. They also mentioned that the demonstrator cars are free to be sold from September onwards. SO... you may be able to get a discount if order in September OR get a hugely discounted demonstrator model.

Hope this helps.
A-Dawg
Hi A-Dawg
Yes you're spot on with lack of discounts which I believe comes from toyota on high but there is flexibility on some of the protection GAP packages (if that appeals).
Also I think Demo's are starting to sell already so may not be a wait over summer but I wonder if this is different between counties or dealers?
All that said. Enjoy your drive!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
ScomadiFP200 said:
Just got back from a test drive of the 1.2 Dynamic, must admit I'm very impressed.

Sooooo. It's Friday! What's your thoughts? Tempted still?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TertreRouge24 said:
ScomadiFP200 said:

Ordered and put down a deposit yesterday. Said I'd wait till September cause of new reg(67)

·
Registered
130 Posts
ScomadiFP200 said:
TertreRouge24 said:
ScomadiFP200 said:

Ordered and put down a deposit yesterday. Said I'd wait till September cause of new reg(67)
Oh well done. I have no doubt you will really enjoy it. Welcome to the club!!
:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, really looking forward to it now. Will be on here quite a bit now, asking an insane amount of questions.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Congrats on the order. The anticipation will be worth it and please fire away with those questions.

Do look up some of the resources like the manuals Juliano posted a way back (a quick forum search will find them)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes. Bring on the Q&A!!!
Someone here will know and we're mostly friendly :-D

FYI everyone. Toyota will mail the manuals out to you if like me you don't want to print goodness knows how many pages. Must admit I prefer paper to electronic but each to their own.

Have a good weekend all

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
nothing better than having the manual on your phone reading it as you do it :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
ans said:
nothing better than having the manual on your phone reading it as you do it :D
Agree but keep manual in house and read in bath :shock:
Too much info. Sorry :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TertreRouge24 said:
Yes. Bring on the Q&A!!!

FYI everyone. Toyota will mail the manuals out to you if like me you don't want to print goodness knows how many pages. Must admit I prefer paper to electronic but each to their own.

Have a good weekend all
So doesn't the car come with a wallet containing operating manual/ entertainment system manual. Surely that isn't right. I'm not printing out over 1000 pages of manual etc

·
Registered
130 Posts
ScomadiFP200 said:
TertreRouge24 said:
Yes. Bring on the Q&A!!!

Have a good weekend all
So doesn't the car come with a wallet containing operating manual/ entertainment system manual. Surely that isn't right. I'm not printing out over 1000 pages of manual etc
Sadly not. Really basic glove box manual and something three or four times the size when I asked Toyota to send it. No quibbles and arrived a week or so later. I guess they're saving paper at either our expence if we print it. I suppose not many will look at it in depth. Ask tho and you'll get

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TertreRouge24 said:
ScomadiFP200 said:
TertreRouge24 said:
Yes. Bring on the Q&A!!!

Have a good weekend all
Sadly not. Really basic glove box manual and something three or four times the size when I asked Toyota to send it. No quibbles and arrived a week or so later. I guess they're saving paper at either our expence if we print it. I suppose not many will look at it in depth. Ask tho and you'll get
How and who did you contact at Toyota ?? Asking and stating what ??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts