Toyota C-HR Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

Registered
An update for any of you still experiencing this issue. Picked my new 2.0 Excel on 1st Sept and had the knocking/tapping issue which was driving me insane. Spoke to my local dealer (Steven Eagell Cambridge) and they agreed to look at it along with a faulty wing mirror (great eh for a brand new car), anyway heard the noise but needed it longer to try and rectify the issue. 2 weeks later they had the car for 2 days and put some additional spacers in. Picked the car up and it was worse. Met the next day with the general manager and he agreed to keep the car until problem was located. Picked the car up yesterday and Toyota have replace all the rubber mounts on the tailgate and the inside of the boot. We now have no knocking/tapping and the car is as quiet as i would have expected from picking the car up.

It may be worth pointing this out to your dealer if you are having the same issues and asking them to change these out.

Hope this helps anyone out there.

Registered
An update for any of you still experiencing this issue. Picked my new 2.0 Excel on 1st Sept and had the knocking/tapping issue which was driving me insane. Spoke to my local dealer (Steven Eagell Cambridge) and they agreed to look at it along with a faulty wing mirror (great eh for a brand new car), anyway heard the noise but needed it longer to try and rectify the issue. 2 weeks later they had the car for 2 days and put some additional spacers in. Picked the car up and it was worse. Met the next day with the general manager and he agreed to keep the car until problem was located. Picked the car up yesterday and Toyota have replace all the rubber mounts on the tailgate and the inside of the boot. We now have no knocking/tapping and the car is as quiet as i would have expected from picking the car up.

It may be worth pointing this out to your dealer if you are having the same issues and asking them to change these out.

Is the mounting number not on screws that you could turn to adjust their height to stop rattles?

Registered

Thanks for posting, I was convinced my CHRs knocking /rattling noise was somewhere inside the tailgate and tried all sorts , finally fixed with Vaseline placed on the tailgate rubber closing points .

61 - 64 of 64 Posts