Toyota C-HR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes the parcel shelf seems to be part of the noise.. and it quietened down after fiddling with it a bit but it soon returned.
It seems very loose. Might pop some foam into the grooves.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Forgive me if I am stating the obvious, but I just wanted to highlight that the parcel shelf has to be clicked into place. You slot the lugs on at each end and then you have to firmly push the parcel shelf fully home and it clicks into place at each side.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alexr said:
Forgive me if I am stating the obvious, but I just wanted to highlight that the parcel shelf has to be clicked into place. You slot the lugs on at each end and then you have to firmly push the parcel shelf fully home and it clicks into place at each side.
Its in. Cant go in any further and it clicked firmly into place. However it moves a lot side to side up and down and is very loose.
Just not a very good fit that's all. Bit of foam sorted it. Foam is my friend.

·
Registered
681 Posts
MerlyWerly said:
Alexr said:
Its in. Cant go in any further and it clicked firmly into place. However it moves a lot side to side up and down and is very loose.
If you mean the little pivot that moves up and down that happened to me to (left side). And every time after removing the parcel shelf it got looser. So I expect that it has to be changed (under guarantee) within 3 years (guaranteed time in Holland)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
holyhead said:
MerlyWerly said:
Alexr said:
If you mean the little pivot that moves up and down that happened to me to (left side). And every time after removing the parcel shelf it got looser. So I expect that it has to be changed (under guarantee) within 3 years (guaranteed time in Holland)
Yep exactly right. I would say that's the one thing on this car that annoys me. Little things that don't quite fit together. Almost like they are an after thought.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Talking of after thoughts have you noticed the collection of leaves and things that go down the windows into that 8mm slot. The outer gaurd at the base is, well, not guarding the window. Everytime I chuck a crumb fluff or stray booger out the window it goes right into the mix doh. Looks like the guy who makes the trim got bored.

Also the back ones move up and down half an inch if i press them. If I pulled it gently it would just come off. Probably part of my wind noises. The finishing touches always let toyotas down for me. Shame because they have a good suspension system and always wear tyres evenly compared to my flimsy hondas

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just noticed mine doing the same knocking/tapping today but in my opinion it did not sound like the back shelf or the seatbelt. At first it was like a relay switch going on and off rapidly.

I tried to notice while driving the status of the battery (on hybrid). When the battery was on a 3 bar charge, I started to speed up a little and once I hit 40mp/h and the battery was charging using engine juice the knocking/tapping came back and this kept on going for the whole journey until I stopped in a station got out and checked the boot for loose things because it was driving me insane and did not hear anything since. P.S I have nothing in the boot

·
Registered
380 Posts
portelli said:
I just noticed mine doing the same knocking/tapping today but in my opinion it did not sound like the back shelf or the seatbelt. At first it was like a relay switch going on and off rapidly
This seems like a rattle in the cooling fan of the battery pack. It is on the right hand side near the floor of the rear seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mjvdzwet said:
portelli said:
I just noticed mine doing the same knocking/tapping today but in my opinion it did not sound like the back shelf or the seatbelt. At first it was like a relay switch going on and off rapidly
This seems like a rattle in the cooling fan of the battery pack. It is on the right hand side near the floor of the rear seat.
Yes, I notice the cooling fan behind the driver seat (Cars a left hand drive in Malta), should I worry about this?

·
Registered
380 Posts
The fan should not rattle, it can make a regular "blowing" noise when it is functioning. But it should sound like the cars ventilation system so no rattles.

This fan is important for cooling the batteries, if it is cooling insufficient the hybrid system may fail.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Leggera said:
Its unlikely but if you pull up on the passsenger bench seat it pops off and underneath is the hv battery. Mine had a cowl loose due to a finger nut being loose. Worth a look
Good tip :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I noticed this sound shortly after taking delivery of my car. I tried some felt pads behind the rear plate but it made no difference. Today after obtaining the help of a friend who often diagnosed rattles whilst working as a valeter for a main dealer (not Toyota) we spent about 45 minutes tracing the source by driving around an empty shop car park with him in the boot with the rear seats down.

The problem was the nearside gas rear hatch strut. When we placed a rag/cloth in this case a yellow duster in the groove above the bracket as shown in picture and then shut the hatch the rattle stopped. Grasping the strut and shaking it revealed the same sound. Obviously the rag stops it rattling. Off to the dealer for a new strut or bracket adjustment. The offside strut does not rattle and seems more solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just purchased a new CHR 1.2l, AWD. I experienced the same problem was very disappointed. The noise is coming from the rear Torsion Bar so the local dealer removed torsion bar with the links and the bushes lubricated and fitted it back. The Noise is gone. Very relived and happy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi

Don't know if it is relevant to others sounds or not

but this from my Oz forum

The car also had a clicking noise I wanted them to check out, it is a known problem on the rear sway bar blocks on some C-HRs and the noise transfers into the body. They removed, photographed and refitted them but they started clicking again a few Ks down the road. I'm not sure if the noise has gone away or if I have become used to it and now block it out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
At just over 4000 miles, the rattle from the rear has got the the point where it's really annoying.

Not the number plate as that's screwed & taped.

Will mention the rear suspension & hatch strut.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine was doing this, I resolved it by putting some rubber tape on the black locating block on the door frame at the side of the tailgate. The door was moving slightly. Not been dealt with by the dealer as yet. Almost 5000 miles and going well. Cheers Mark.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts