Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Super super happy with my CHR with the exception of one thing.

I have an annoying tapping/knocking sound coming from the rear somewhere but only when going over a speed bump/pot hole/rough bit of road.
I have removed everything out of the boot but it is still happening.

Anyone else have similar sounds and found out what they are? My hearing isn't the greatest so I'm having trouble locating where it is just from the sound. It literally just sounds like something is a bit loose and almost rattling.

Would appreciate some suggestions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
I have the same problem, some kind of rattling coming from the back. Spoken to the dealer, who has asked the car to come in tomorrow....as soon as I know anymore I'll let you know.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Plug your rear seat belts in and go for a drive as well as the front passenger one just to eliminate them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So number plate is a good call although it's a slightly different noise to that.
Intending to remove it and replace with my own tonight.

Seat hooks are a good call actually. Had similar issue in my Citroen and had to put foam around the arms.

Sound happens if the seat belts are in use or not I'm afraid. Was hoping that was it to be honest :) lol.

They had to repair my rear window unit before delivery so I was dreading that they left something loose when re-sealing it.

I will have a play with the suggestions when I get home.

Stadt let me know what you find :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
MerlyWerly said:
I have an annoying tapping/knocking sound coming from the rear somewhere but only when going over a speed bump/pot hole/rough bit of road.
Don't drive over speed bumps/potholes/rough roads then no annoying noises - simples :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another thing to check is that the rear seats are fully locked in place. I have had "strange" noises on occasions when I have been moving things and the seats have been down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
1) Number Plate : No I have a plastic surround.
2) Luggage hooks, all are very stiff, so I don't think it's them.
3) Rear seats, yeah had this before in my old car as it wasn't pushed back enough, checked and all good on the CH-R
4) Rear seats belts, yeah maybe but I'll let my dealer out that one out.

My suspect is the plastic covers to the rear bulbs as they seem to move if I push them and make a rattle sound-ish.

Tomorrow will tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
Just one more guess - have you checked the rear parcel shelf is locked into the lugs at the hinges?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Try to re-install the luggage cover (see Owner Manual p.501).

Confirm that the luggage cover cover has been securely installed to the original position when installing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
felixis said:
Try to re-install the luggage cover (see Owner Manual p.501).

Confirm that the luggage cover cover has been securely installed to the original position when installing.
Another good one. I was too busy making a cake last night to check but I will tonight :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Today is the "cake eating festival" I guess. I would count tomorrow as the Tapping/Knocking discovery day.

Did you remove dealer's body from the boot?
I remember mention it in another post of yours. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
I get it. Pretty sure its the shelf.

Sometimes when I touch the shelf while loading things it pops out of place. It kind of just rests on the hinges. Might add some bluetac or tape or something lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kostas_F said:
Today is the "cake eating festival" I guess. I would count tomorrow as the Tapping/Knocking discovery day.

Did you remove dealer's body from the boot?
I remember mention it in another post of yours. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lol yes it was his false teeth lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Well visited my dealer yesterday (who sold me the car), and not impressed by the after sales team at all, in fact f.....g useless springs to mind :evil: :x

My points are as follows:

1) Rattling sound in the rear: Answer, yeah we need another appointment for that!
2) I can not register the car on the Toyota website: Answer, yeah we do not use that system and anyway apart from the kids who wants to see their service history online? MEEEEEEEE :x
3) Firmware update: Answer, well if you don't have a windows laptop etc then go and find someone who does!

Anyways, got home (100KM round trip) and wrote an email too Toyota, wasn't a pleasant one either!!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to another dealer (a lot smaller, the larger one gave a better as the deal although further away), and I'm going to try them out.

Oh, I did check the parcel shelf and one side had popped out, so maybe that was the noise, going for a run tomorrow anyway so I'll see then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
StadtPanzer said:
Well visited my dealer yesterday (who sold me the car), and not impressed by the after sales team at all, in fact f.....g useless springs to mind :evil: :x

My points are as follows:

1) Rattling sound in the rear: Answer, yeah we need another appointment for that!
2) I can not register the car on the Toyota website: Answer, yeah we do not use that system and anyway apart from the kids who wants to see their service history online? MEEEEEEEE :x
3) Firmware update: Answer, well if you don't have a windows laptop etc then go and find someone who does!

Anyways, got home (100KM round trip) and wrote an email too Toyota, wasn't a pleasant one either!!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to another dealer (a lot smaller, the larger one gave a better as the deal although further away), and I'm going to try them out.

Oh, I did check the parcel shelf and one side had popped out, so maybe that was the noise, going for a run tomorrow anyway so I'll see then.
Yes we have had quite a few discussions around the service you can get from different dealers.
Some seem to be over the top interested to keep you happy and your issues sorted.
Others give you the impression that it's illegal to want to fix problems with your car and that it's not their job.
In the middle are the rest that seem to do the bare minimum.
This unfortunately is the issue with franchised dealers.

I aologise to all for not posting my findings like I said I would but I am super busy atm and hardly have time to breathe let alone tinker with my baby. I will get round to it at some point.

In the meantime I really hope you get a better lookin at the other dealer Stadt and let me know about the parcel shelf.

FYI I have added little veltro strips to the insides of my seat belts so when not in use they velcro to the car interior plastic and don't move/rattle anymore. A cheap but effective fix for that issue :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Woh, what am I happy about my Toyota dealer, always help you very well and they have a great service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Did everyone resolve the tapping/knocking sound ? I noticed it on a car I took on a test drive last week. This sort ot thing can drive you mad especially if you havent got anyone to either drive it for you whilst you hunt around for the source or to find it for you. Garages just think you are mad and fussy and tell you to turn the radio on and forget about it. Its got a warranty so if its something major going wrong it will eventually come to light is something I was told about a sound on a previous new car !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
No not yet, although making sure that the parcel shelf was fixed properly seems to have helped.

I'm still waiting for that magical phone call from Toyota..
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top