Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I know the answer to this may be obvious but have had a lot on and haven't had much time to sit and read the manual that much.

As my car has the smart entry system and the push button start, how can I set up the car to things like speech command, incoming call ringtone etc, without the car actually running while I'm setting it all up ;) !
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
yep engine on or the settings wont take ,just rest your foot on the throttle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Will have to set it all up in stages! Doubt the neighbours want me just sat outside with the engine running too long ;) !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
ROBBO said:
Thanks. Will have to set it all up in stages! Doubt the neighbours want me just sat outside with the engine running too long ;) !
Not so much an issue in the Hybrid as it just sits in Electric mode while you sort it out.
Then when you are done you forget it's still running and all the alarms in Christendom go off cause your trying to get out of the car lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Isn't all the settings available in ignition mode? At least on my hybrid, pressing the start button without touching the brake pedal gets your car into "radio mode". One more push on the button and the car is in "ignition mode". To turn off ignition mode guess what? Press the start button without touching the brake pedal :) I have no clue how that works in a 1.2 manual though..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Summerton said:
Isn't all the settings available in ignition mode? At least on my hybrid, pressing the start button without touching the brake pedal gets your car into "radio mode". One more push on the button and the car is in "ignition mode". To turn off ignition mode guess what? Press the start button without touching the brake pedal :) I have no clue how that works in a 1.2 manual though..
If the shift lever is in a position other than P when turning off the hybrid system,
the power switch will be turned to ACCESSORY mode, not to off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Thats right

You can play with most settings in ignition mode in the 1.2. Just push the button twice and it will light up all the options and then you can set it up without the engine running.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Are but it says to make sure the engine is on when settings are to be applied so either engine running or ignition on .so take your pick. I just have the engine on and I won't have to do it again. :geek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
ans said:
Are but it says to make sure the engine is on when settings are to be applied so either engine running or ignition on .so take your pick. I just have the engine on and I won't have to do it again. :geek:
Yes same as the software update. The engine has to be running for that to install correctly.
Or so the manual AND the nav screen says.

42 minutes sitting in my car at work with everyone wondering what the hell I was doing lol.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top