Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm a new and happy owner of my C-HR 2020 2.0 baby, I bought it used. Only after buying I noticed it had these annoying stains on the piano black plastic bit of the interior:
View attachment 3860

I tried cleaning it with regular interior cleaners, with dishwashing liquid and even with a bit of white spirit, cause I though it could be an old paint stain. Unfortunately all of these cleaners failed to remove it.

Also important to note - when the stain is wet with water it completely disappears, but once it dries out it becomes visible again. This makes me think that it's just some surface stain that could be removed hopefully..

I'm wondering maybe some of you had similar stains or could recommend me what could remove this? Thank you!
It looks like silicone coating, maybe the car was used by any tradesman. We have had a lot of those similar looking stains on kitchen furniture when we moved in. Requires multiple cleaning, but if this is what I suspect it can be removed over time. Try some soft cloth and in our case window cleaner based on alcohol helped gradually.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts