Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Speaker grills/vents

13K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  smartly 
#1 ·
Guys, is there any custom fix for the noise/rattling from the speaker vents next to the pillars ?
The vents are not fixed, are loose and vibrating a lot while u driving especially on bumpy road.

P.s. i think user MerlyWerly did something to stick then but dont know how

#6 ·
insomnia said:
Does anyone know how to remove dash speakers?
Speakers or grills?

Am assuming grills, as once off you can get to the speakers themselves.

Will have a look tomorrow, as already suggested get the dealer to fix, but if a DIY then only use plastic trim removal tools and nothing that could damage plastic parts

#7 ·
MarkyMUK said:
insomnia said:
Does anyone know how to remove dash speakers?
Speakers or grills?

Am assuming grills, as once off you can get to the speakers themselves.

Will have a look tomorrow, as already suggested get the dealer to fix, but if a DIY then only use plastic trim removal tools and nothing that could damage plastic parts
Speaker and grill is one piece. Dealer will just make things worse.

#8 ·
Do you have the JBL system?

In my car the JBL speakers are not attached to the grills.
Had to remove the A-pillar covers before removing the grills.
I added felt tape to all edges which touch other plastics.

#14 ·
I'll beat with my fist. Usually it helps. I have already "repaired" one rattling by this method.

By the way, I think that if something can not be repaired with blue tack, duct tape or a cable tie, so it is poorly designed. :)

#15 ·
I had a lot of rattling sounds not only from speakers. Went to the dealer in April. Took one and a half day to "fix" them. They told me there is nothing more they can do if sounds comes back. Next morning it was less (only from the speaker covers) but it was there again. Now that weather is hot, seems that it's gone. Not sure about next winter. Poor quality.

#20 ·
[/quote]A packer, or packing piece is usually a small piece of rubber or foam put between things to stop movement / rattle. Not:

What's a packer you ask? A "packer" is the term used for any object used to create a bulge in a person's pants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.