1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why? If we remove/rework factory black packing/styroform, nothing change.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never ever give up, I take wire connect to power supply & cut styroform in one shot :D
It's additional profit, save TPMS sensor... no risk of destroy by sealing fluid.

So this DIY is must have :idea:

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
if you look in the boot you can see the hight that it raises the boot about 100 litres ,even if you cut the styrofoam it will still raise your boot level as the wheel is thicker than the styrofoam. good luck on your botch job,with lots of stuff rattling around in your boot, :lol:
in the UK you get AA cover so they will get a phone call and come with a universal spare to get me to a garage ,and if you read thread i posted you would now this has been talked about already

you could use the search function to help you find answers :geek:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a spare tyre assembly! I don`t need much boot place. And if I do, I`ll slap my back seat down. Or I restore my boot like it was before! I have all the stuff in my garage. There may be many situations when your car is at very difficult places to tow away? Or it takes a long time to get assistance depending where you live or where you are driving. I decide to loose some(about 80 litres) boot place because of possibility to use spare tyre if needed! And there is no free assistance services by Toyota or by insurance companies in my country if you loose your tire.
There may be many reasons do you want a spare or if you don`t want that! Everybody makes his own decision and live with that!
I hope that I don`t ever need my spare!

Uti

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ans said:
if you look in the boot you can see the hight that it raises the boot about 100 litres ,even if you cut the styrofoam it will still raise your boot level as the wheel is thicker than the styrofoam. good luck on your botch job,with lots of stuff rattling around in your boot, :lol:
in the UK you get AA cover so they will get a phone call and come with a universal spare to get me to a garage ,and if you read thread i posted you would now this has been talked about already
I used wheel from Ave & floor is flat in my car, now l'm in biz trip but in next week I can share real photo. This rework it's not racket science.
If you must call in any case for helper, your choise. Some people like be independent and also drive far far away home town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.