Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it only me or does anyone else noticed the rear view mirror is very unsteady. I mean I had 3 cars before and could turn up the music volume all the way - the shaking of mirror was barely visible. On C-HR I turn the volume to 20 and it's already very noticeable. If volume turned up more than 35, the mirror almost unusable, because all the view blurs due to shaking on bass notes :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
I too noticed it :D

Try touching the door cards, they are shaking as well :lol:

I wouldn't say the rear view mirror is loose in anyway, its just the way it is.. :p

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
it may have something to do with the very thin windscreen, i wouldn't turn it up to loud as your name might end up on the broken screen list :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ans said:
it may have something to do with the very thin windscreen, i wouldn't turn it up to loud as your name might end up on the broken screen list :lol:
I'm not listening to music very loud. It's just like the plastic is very soft (or smth like that). I don't think the shakiness is from the screen :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes I too noticed in the car and listening to the F&F8 soundtrack, using the RVM was like a dream or a trip (A-Dawg will be on that one) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I was thinking the same. Although I have put my sound system to full and played that bass track and nothing.
I did it thinking if it was going to crack this would do it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Would be hilarious.. worldwide recall for C-HR to pull out the JBL system because it can make the screen crack.. :lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is weird, I've just driven my car with the new replacement windscreen in and my rear view mirror now shakes!

It didn't before and am getting a bit tired of this saga, going to contact the dealer Monday, couldn't see the number plate of the car behind me!

And I'm not playing anything that funky :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the original windscreen and JBL system and my mirror shakes also. I presume it's simply the subwoofer. I never had one in my previous cars.

But I know a good subwoofer can buildt up quite some air pressure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmm may be that, feeling the housing around the mirror it doesn't feel as stuck to the windscreen as the old one, there is a bit of movement in the unit.

Only noticed as my son plays his music really loud when we are in the car together and never noticed it before.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had shaking before and after windscreen replacement with standard stereo. I might add a rubber boot to the back of it.

Kinda makes me think my stereo is 10 percent better than it is and feel 19 again with a solobaric armed nova :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts