Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota have offered me a 3-yr plan for £741 inc vat, being 2 intermediate and one full service, payable over 26 months at £28.50. I had this on my IQ and felt it was a bit of a rip-off, although that included dealer "extras" that I never felt I needed.

Service Manager pointed out that prices for parts were going up next month. Obviously tracking, air con, and a few one-off items were not included in the service plan.

Has anyone felt this plan is good value? I can't find the individual current service costs on the website.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was offered this too and declined. When looking at the detail it was a saving of about £83 than if you pay for the servicing at the time its due. Then they said its frozen and the service costs go up every year I still declined. I dont intend to keep the car more than 3 years anyway and will trade in about a month before its MOT runs out so I will only have to pay for the first and second year service.

Compared to other manufacturers Toyota dont offer good value on Service packs.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was quoted £1200 for five years. £21.69 pm I had a similar plan with VW and when I sold the car I got a rebate. It doesn't include The MOT but things such as guaranteed courtesy car etc. It saves the worry of a sudden bill

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
@Rosie60 there should never be a sudden bill. it should be just a set price for the service, i have told my dealer in the past not to do any extra work and if they do they wont get paid for it, anything else that needs doing i do or my mate who has his own garage does it at half the price of a main dealer,
Main dealers a renowned for making up work, my last car they tried to replace a coil pack at a cost of over £300 :eek: which my mate did for £75 so be warned the are only in it for the money ;)
https://www.inchcapetoyota.co.uk/our-services/service-and-repair/toyota-service-pricing/
and where you been boy(keith)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pricing details Buddy!

Been focused on the GT for a few months, choosing wheels and tyres. Poor CHAR has been neglected, but at the same time doing sterling work taking us to see my sick Mum in hospital, so a lot of sitting in traffic around Hastings. Had a 79.7 mpg as a best figure. also a 77 and a 69. Stopped checking it now - novelty worn off!

Doesn't mean we have stopped loving it though!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not been robbed yet, David. But you have offered me a bargaining tool, Maybe? How did you get to that figure?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Subota Boy said:
Not been robbed yet, David. But you have offered me a bargaining tool, Maybe? How did you get to that figure?
It was just what I was offered - however it was when I bought the car and arranged via the sales guy who said I will give you a discount, possibly because they could not give much off the actual car.

I know I was happy with it as it was cheaper than the plan I had previously with the Prius.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, I thought I'd read that the C-HR comes with 2 years / 20k mile servicing free but my dealer didn't mention it so we went with the plan.

Today, we received confirmation of the free servicing so what gives? Just checked the webpage & it's still on there.

Guess we'll be cancelling the plan then.

·
Registered
681 Posts
2 years free servicing on Toyota Hybrid models ordered between 1st June 2017 and 30th September 2017
and registered by 30th September 2017

·
Registered
149 Posts
holyhead said:
2 years free servicing on Toyota Hybrid models ordered between 1st June 2017 and 30th September 2017
And what's the delivery times on a hybrid now? Think a few people might miss out on this due to the registration by 30th September!

Maybe a way of selling lots of icon models!

·
Registered
681 Posts
david63 said:
holyhead said:
But isn't that only available if you buy the car through Toyota finance?
That is possible I am not sure about it. I was more referring to the dates.
https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/c-hr/index.json
Can be a little confusing but I think the finance is seperated from the servicing (But not sure about it)
https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/c-hr/index/prices

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.