Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm new to the thread and not in the UK, but love my 2021 CH-R! I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to disable the security system which automatically locks the doors in the 60 second window between unlocking the car with the key fob, then getting distracted and not going out to the car before it locks itself. Ugh, I do this all the time! Frustrating for sure.

Secondly, does everyone's car produce that ear-splitting cavitation sounds when riding with the back windows down? it's bizarre!

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
177 Posts
Depending on where you are in the world - the European spec C-HR comes with this setting set at 30 seconds as default.

It is adjustable via the touch screen to 60 or 120 seconds but you cannot switch it off completely.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Me too! However I think it only does this when you unlock with the fob. So theoretically the key fob isn’t inside the car. But hey I could mess this up for sure! 😂
Can't lock the car (from the fob or by touching the door handle) if a key is in the car. It will beep and not lock.
After several years with keyless entry (both C-HR in 2018 and the Orange one had this feature) I never want to own a car without it! It's so convenient!
Next step: electronic key on my phone. It will have to work without mobile coverage though as there's none where I park my car, but that's something I would also like to have. And that should stop me forgetting the phone in the car :)

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts
Why would you want this security feature disabled ? Seems to be a good idea to me,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why would you want this security feature disabled ? Seems to be a good idea to me,
Well when I’m unloading groceries or something and I can’t get back out to the car within 60 seconds, it’s very inconvenient having to go back into the house to unlock the car every time I go back out, stuff like that. Would just like for it to stay unlocked until I lock it back. Like, let me decide when to lock the car, not the car assuming it knows what I want. 😊

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well when I’m unloading groceries or something and I can’t get back out to the car within 60 seconds, it’s very inconvenient having to go back into the house to unlock the car every time I go back out, stuff like that. Would just like for it to stay unlocked until I lock it back. Like, let me decide when to lock the car, not the car assuming it knows what I want. 😊
If boots open then it doesn’t lock.

Or do you live in a dodgy area / have a long walk to your house, so have to close the boot between bags?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I dont understand. Do you not take the key with you? (or leave the car unlocked as you go in and out?). I have found this feature very useful. I was in my garage once ( car parked just in front of garage) when I heard the car unlock, which was happening because the fob was in my pocket and a button must have got pressed. In that circumstance had I not noticed the car would have re-locked itself.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I still don't get this,
The car will only autolock in the following situation
When car is locked and you unlock it, open and close the door without pressing start button, it's as if you went to get something from the car and forgot to re-lock the car,
I suppose when getting groceries from the car you've just parked so so this situation doesn't apply as you've just parked,
Even if you park, get some groceries, lock the car, comeback to get more groceries from the car, you'll have the key in your pocket, so again, not a problem,
I still don't get how this can be a turn off for anyone as tbe key is wireless and therefore never needs to leave your pocket

·
Registered
781 Posts
I still don't get this,
The car will only autolock in the following situation
When car is locked and you unlock it, open and close the door without pressing start button, it's as if you went to get something from the car and forgot to re-lock the car,
I suppose when getting groceries from the car you've just parked so so this situation doesn't apply as you've just parked,
Even if you park, get some groceries, lock the car, comeback to get more groceries from the car, you'll have the key in your pocket, so again, not a problem,
I still don't get how this can be a turn off for anyone as tbe key is wireless and therefore never needs to leave your pocket
Sorry to contradict but this reply is factually incorrect. I have just been out to check.
The autolock applies in the following situation.
Use the fob to unlock the door. Wait 30 seconds without opening any doir and it re-locks.

It will NOT re-lock if you have opened a door within the 30 seconds.

Reactions: ans
1 - 13 of 13 Posts