Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. new member with a new C-HR looking for some advice. I find myself in need of a height adjustable passenger seat as my car is fixed and is too high. I have a replacement seat (good old eBay) and just looking to see if there are any oddities associated with swapping them over, ie issues with air bags and seatbelt pre-tensioners I should be aware of before swapping things around. I understand the disconnect the battery and leave it a while before fiddling with the wiring under the seat, but I thought I read somewhere about then having to clear out SRS error codes and possibly re-initialising certain parts. Can this be done with a handheld code reader?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi there. new member with a new C-HR looking for some advice. I find myself in need of a height adjustable passenger seat as my car is fixed and is too high. I have a replacement seat (good old eBay) and just looking to see if there are any oddities associated with swapping them over, ie issues with air bags and seatbelt pre-tensioners I should be aware of before swapping things around. I understand the disconnect the battery and leave it a while before fiddling with the wiring under the seat, but I thought I read somewhere about then having to clear out SRS error codes and possibly re-initialising certain parts. Can this be done with a handheld code reader?
thanks in advance.
Out of my depth I'm afraid but any new members are welcome, bet u a penny someone will have an answer in here tho,good knowledge some of these members.

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
329 Posts
I know there are certain systems that will require re-initialising after battery reconnection like windows, TPMS, parking assist & something else which I can't remember but the owners hand book tells you how to do it - just follow the steps in your owners manual.

Also make sure the keyfob is in your pocket & not inside the vehicle when you reconnect the battery, some cars will automatically lock when battery reconnected, no idea if C-HR does but don't take the risk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts