Toyota C-HR Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Hi ven, do you wash your car with a sponge? As most of the scratches are light and on upper surfaces just wondered if it could possibly be your finger nails scratching the paintwork as you reach the harder to get roof panels, you could possibly be better using a washing mit?
Hope you find out the cause and get it sorted out馃憤馃
Not been hand washed as too cold since had car. I do hand wash, have all the gear but that鈥檚 more spring to autumn . No nails! And if finger nails could do this then the paint is very poor. Like I鈥檝e said nothing has changed , cars change and lived same address for 20yrs. Had older cars with no issues like this. This is all new to me and very annoying on a new car.
Let鈥檚 be honest, if your nails did catch the paint you鈥檙e going to know about it, same as if you had grit in a sponge . This has never ever happened before , it鈥檚 all new to me . Never known or experienced anything like this . I鈥檓 an enthusiast and have a bit of OCD.

I would have made a post. Hand washed car, scratches on roof. As only honest info can get me to the correct answer.
Not that it applies here as not been used, but I have the buckets with the grit separator's in base. I always rinse off before snow foam. But it鈥檚 too cold and weather not best (picked it up in November ).
I won鈥檛 trust hand car washes , so that鈥檚 also out.

Registered

Registered
Weird post as if the OP admits he keeps driving into bushes it鈥檚 pretty obvious the car will take a beating... 馃ズ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Weird post as if the OP admits he keeps driving into bushes it鈥檚 pretty obvious the car will take a beating... 馃ズ
Yes , I would imagine most paints today would scratch going along bushes/hedges! Maybe disappointed as they are showing up more than previous cars.

I can certainly add my car doesn鈥檛 come into contact with hedges, bushes, branches of any type.
Not heard anything back from my last email, I have other things going on at moment. So not really a priority job. The disappointment has not wavered though. Not happy at all and when I can, I will continue to chase up. I know exactly what will have happened, all together ,said my fault etc. 2 detailers and 2 sales (pretty clear they don鈥檛 get it). From ,鈥漬ot a problem we can sort it鈥漷o now, they 鈥渃an鈥檛 do it as the paints too thin!鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I know I can鈥檛 be the only one, many won鈥檛 even notice if they are not tall enough, poor eyes, get someone else to wash it 鈥.or all 3!
As a car enthusiast and with some OCD, if anyone is similar they know to. You just know they shouldn鈥檛 be there and you haven鈥檛 caused them. But you can鈥檛 prove anything. But you still know鈥︹ife is too short and if I had dropped 拢36k on it, it would be very different . As it鈥檚 鈥渨ear and tear鈥 nothing I can do unless Toyota take it on. I think very poor paint, but still no idea on the scratches. I do have a good detailer still to visit , and will happily pay a certain amount to sort. As I have this for 2yrs and 9 months yet!!! So it鈥檚 took the enjoyment away for me and ruined my new car experience .

Registered
I've had issues with the paint on my chr, didn't buy it new, it was a year old with only 500 miles on the clock.
Didn't have a chance to really check all the bodywork because it had great big stickers on both sides advertising some offer Toyota had going.
All looked good when l collected the car so l was happy but a few days later while I was cleaning the paint work l noticed the swirls that are in the picture, both rear passenger doors and some on drivers door.
Would not polish out so checked with magnifying glass and its silver metallic fleck under lacquer so a respray would be the only solution, the colour is satin grey metallic.
I have recently sold the wife's 1.3 IQ which she has replaced with the new Aygo x and that has stone chips already, only 7 months old so a bit disappointed.
The IQ needed two full body resprays as it was the dreaded pearl white and it starting peeling of the roof and doors, basically all the metal body work.
To be fair to Toyota they footed the bill for the resprays as it did become a major issue on most of the cars with Pearl White paint, don't know if many manufacturers would have paid for that on a 9 year old car but then again it should never have been a issue in the first place.
I have a black roof on my chr and one long scratch running up the drivers side pillar so it does seem prone to scratching not bothered to t-cut out, don't want to make the paint any thinner.
I hope Toyota will sort out your paint issues, it's not good when it spoils that new car experience plus it gets noticed on other forums, it certainly did with the pearl white paint issues.
Grey Sky Water Tints and shades Glass

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I've had issues with the paint on my chr, didn't buy it new, it was a year old with only 500 miles on the clock.
Didn't have a chance to really check all the bodywork because it had great big stickers on both sides advertising some offer Toyota had going.
All looked good when l collected the car so l was happy but a few days later while I was cleaning the paint work l noticed the swirls that are in the picture, both rear passenger doors and some on drivers door.
Would not polish out so checked with magnifying glass and its silver metallic fleck under lacquer so a respray would be the only solution, the colour is satin grey metallic.
I have recently sold the wife's 1.3 IQ which she has replaced with the new Aygo x and that has stone chips already, only 7 months old so a bit disappointed.
The IQ needed two full body resprays as it was the dreaded pearl white and it starting peeling of the roof and doors, basically all the metal body work.
To be fair to Toyota they footed the bill for the resprays as it did become a major issue on most of the cars with Pearl White paint, don't know if many manufacturers would have paid for that on a 9 year old car but then again it should never have been a issue in the first place.
I have a black roof on my chr and one long scratch running up the drivers side pillar so it does seem prone to scratching not bothered to t-cut out, don't want to make the paint any thinner.
I hope Toyota will sort out your paint issues, it's not good when it spoils that new car experience plus it gets noticed on other forums, it certainly did with the pearl white paint issues.
View attachment 4113
Damn that is poor, I knew I couldn鈥檛 be alone as I鈥檓 too careful. Other models to it seems, looks like I will be back on public media shaming them馃榾 only way I seem to be able to get their attention .

Registered
Damn that is poor, I knew I couldn鈥檛 be alone as I鈥檓 too careful. Other models to it seems, looks like I will be back on public media shaming them馃榾 only way I seem to be able to get their attention .
Ven been reading your updates,any feedback off Toyota,my detail chap rang to say the scratch remover the rep said was be all end all was rubbish but will source a better product this week. The Mustang I saw,passed us the other day,man the engine sounded awesome and it looked stunning we think it's a guy who owns some restaurants up here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Ven been reading your updates,any feedback off Toyota,my detail chap rang to say the scratch remover the rep said was be all end all was rubbish but will source a better product this week. The Mustang I saw,passed us the other day,man the engine sounded awesome and it looked stunning we think it's a guy who owns some restaurants up here.
I sure miss my v8 and effortless acceleration. I never drove it on the edge(well rarely), but a 1/3 gas and would take off much quicker than the C-HR floored in sport. Also Quattro easily to pull out in wet , CHR lights tyres up for fun , even though no power. Surprisingly it has the same tyres I put on the s4 with the contis. I was expecting some cheap eco crap rubber.
I do enjoy the car, it is nice to have a new car which is now at 1400 miles. The sound is surprisingly decent even though it鈥檚 not the JBL system. Once sussed the bass out etc, does sound decent for factory.

Frustrating the EV mode(via button not when car chooses) only allows 25mph, why not 30!! Useless unless you want to annoy everyone or live in a big 20 zone. I think a little more powerful motor, little bigger battery, it would be much better. It really does limit its usefulness imho and it鈥檚 more a gimmick than of real use. Don鈥檛 get me wrong, it does play a part on slow straights, in traffic and down hill roads. But short durations really. Think most I鈥檝e managed is about 1/2 a mile before it either needs charging or road changes (incline). As soon as go over the 1/2 on eco it goes off. The EV mode(button selected) allows past the 1/2 way, but again limit 25mph and have to go easy on gas . Otherwise warns you too much acceleration (even though it鈥檚 slow). Now I am led to believe it was first made in 2016(must be new one due out) , so surely in 6-7yrs this could have been improved with one of the facelifts or tweaks.
The 2L seems a must if have choice , the extra little bit of power (still slow) but more powerful motor I think will be noticeably beneficial .
My other gripe is no lumber on passenger side !
Piano black dash鈥..what on earth was Toyota thinking!
Black carpets show bits up for fun!
Car play good with iPhone and iTunes
Adaptive cruise is decent for some of my drives
Lane assist a pita but use to it now
Hateful gearbox! with a bad rep anyway, luckily won鈥檛 be a problem for me as my ownership is warrantied.

Registered
I sure miss my v8 and effortless acceleration. I never drove it on the edge(well rarely), but a 1/3 gas and would take off much quicker than the C-HR floored in sport. Also Quattro easily to pull out in wet , CHR lights tyres up for fun , even though no power. Surprisingly it has the same tyres I put on the s4 with the contis. I was expecting some cheap eco crap rubber.
I do enjoy the car, it is nice to have a new car which is now at 1400 miles. The sound is surprisingly decent even though it鈥檚 not the JBL system. Once sussed the bass out etc, does sound decent for factory.

Frustrating the EV mode(via button not when car chooses) only allows 25mph, why not 30!! Useless unless you want to annoy everyone or live in a big 20 zone. I think a little more powerful motor, little bigger battery, it would be much better. It really does limit its usefulness imho and it鈥檚 more a gimmick than of real use. Don鈥檛 get me wrong, it does play a part on slow straights, in traffic and down hill roads. But short durations really. Think most I鈥檝e managed is about 1/2 a mile before it either needs charging or road changes (incline). As soon as go over the 1/2 on eco it goes off. The EV mode(button selected) allows past the 1/2 way, but again limit 25mph and have to go easy on gas . Otherwise warns you too much acceleration (even though it鈥檚 slow). Now I am led to believe it was first made in 2016(must be new one due out) , so surely in 6-7yrs this could have been improved with one of the facelifts or tweaks.
The 2L seems a must if have choice , the extra little bit of power (still slow) but more powerful motor I think will be noticeably beneficial .
My other gripe is no lumber on passenger side !
Piano black dash鈥..what on earth was Toyota thinking!
Black carpets show bits up for fun!
Car play good with iPhone and iTunes
Adaptive cruise is decent for some of my drives
Lane assist a pita but use to it now
Hateful gearbox! with a bad rep anyway, luckily won鈥檛 be a problem for me as my ownership is warrantied.
Yep lane assist Pita, often use EV button to cruise into the village last mile or so just for fun. Omg piano black who invented that. Ours is the 2.0 and tho not blowing your socks off keeps up with most motorway traffic quite easy I was surprised. The auto box isn't the worse, our lastcar A Class was automatic to but it was picky at junctions wouldn't make up it's mind really 2-3 back to 2. What if any word from Toyota.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Yep lane assist Pita, often use EV button to cruise into the village last mile or so just for fun. Omg piano black who invented that. Ours is the 2.0 and tho not blowing your socks off keeps up with most motorway traffic quite easy I was surprised. The auto box isn't the worse, our lastcar A Class was automatic to but it was picky at junctions wouldn't make up it's mind really 2-3 back to 2. What if any word from Toyota.
Defo better option the 2L , just that extra few ponies.
Nothing from my email . Just too much on, will not back down over principle. Might shame them again on public media, if that鈥檚 what it takes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Ven no update.? Thought while I'm in forum asking you the question seemed fair I'm thinking might have hit a dead end.
I shamed them on public media again to get attention. Someone else agreed when I put free self scratching paint !
Went through DM again only to say not covered under warranty , which I knew they were going to through that one at me, after the last visit.
Not been too good last week so not been on for front of mind. Highly unlikely I will ever touch one again, which is a shame as I kind of do like it a fair bit now.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts