Toyota C-HR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

Registered
You got me Huey, nearly missed it after Ven's detailed post. What's up in Bahrain I don't think you'll be swanning around brewery installations over there but the world is a strange place. I might have to make a comeback a young couple have acquired a nice plot of land and architect unbeknown to me passed my name on. Vaulted rough oak hand cut roof,hip rafters 325x100mm jack spars 150x100.
All to be done on site hmmmm. That's why I needed the self healing paint the other half is fuming threatening to sell all my tools on E Bay if I go ahead. I'm to carry microfiber cloths two one inside one for wing mirrors.馃槥
Just looking at the International Airport for a few days and then a large pipe fabrication plant. Back in London on Thursday. Looks like I鈥檒l be slumming it in business class as no upgrade mails to first from Emirates yet...

You can get a beer here, but about 拢12 a pint!
(on expenses so not really an issue)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Just looking at the International Airport for a few days and then a large pipe fabrication plant. Back in London on Thursday. Looks like I鈥檒l be slumming it in business class as no upgrade mails to first from Emirates yet...

You can get a beer here, but about 拢12 a pint!
(on expenses so not really an issue)
Ouch!!! Well for expenses! Crazy prices

Registered
2022 chr 1.8 GR sport, decuma grey, mudflaps
so, at least three of us do that 馃ぃ

I always use the microfibre when sitting at lights, piano black bits and touchscreen

(In Bahrain this week if anyone鈥檚 flag watching)
Microfibre in car for black bits, same here馃憤 I'm in Tenerife if any one flag watching馃コ馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Microfibre in car for black bits, same here馃憤 I'm in Tenerife if any one flag watching馃コ馃憤
Possibly one of the worst car manufacturing ideas of the last decade(or so). Maybe run flats close to鈥
Your missing out on none stop rain in the UK, I can tell you鈥檙e gutted all the way from Toyota waiting room!!!
Being brave considering I鈥檝e been up since 4:30鈥..hot chocolate (Cadbury too) whilst I wait. Thankfully free wifi as the 5G went to 4G , now has turned to 3G !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Done and home! Reckon 45 mins it鈥檚 taken, had look around said only one problem one was the pillar on passenger side. Basically buffed it all out, said about not going too deep etc and being gentle so a limit you can do.

I asked about the 鈥渟elf healing paint鈥 . Not sure where this originated from but it鈥檚 [email protected]@x anyway. Nonsense on this model. Think it is on certain models, maybe new aygo (think that鈥檚 what he said). But the C-HR does not have self healing paint at any temp .

Excellent service , happy outcome , now just need to keep eye (paranoid) on what it is. Still no route cause 鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Looks good in silver, was undecided about colour and went for decuma grey, think the lighter colours look better 馃憤馃槑
Cheers , I was originally going black(love black and know a pita, but when OCD it鈥檚 just normal 2 or more washes a week with a black car). But to me (subjective obviously) didn鈥檛 look right, made plastic trim look odd. So then the grey was close, but thought the silver made the trim a nice contrast. So that鈥檚 what decided for me 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Done and home! Reckon 45 mins it鈥檚 taken, had look around said only one problem one was the pillar on passenger side. Basically buffed it all out, said about not going too deep etc and being gentle so a limit you can do.

I asked about the 鈥渟elf healing paint鈥 . Not sure where this originated from but it鈥檚 [email protected]@x anyway. Nonsense on this model. Think it is on certain models, maybe new aygo (think that鈥檚 what he said). But the C-HR does not have self healing paint at any temp .

Excellent service , happy outcome , now just need to keep eye (paranoid) on what it is. Still no route cause 鈥.

Pleased it's a result the biggest letdown was the self healing thing I'm crushed.鈽.But to put the tin hat on it Xan swanned off to Tenerife with me Santa hat in his case. Still no explanation of what happened from Toyota.? Btw.

Registered
2022 chr 1.8 GR sport, decuma grey, mudflaps
Pleased it's a result the biggest letdown was the self healing thing I'm crushed.鈽.But to put the tin hat on it Xan swanned off to Tenerife with me Santa hat in his case. Still no explanation of what happened from Toyota.? Btw.
Sorry is that the bus, the hat didn't make it to Tenerife, it's been relegated to the loft until Santa requests it back 馃憤馃槑馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
He said after I said 鈥渉ave you a wand, that was quick鈥 it was a bar steward 鈥.. no idea still. This wasn鈥檛 wez(brother from Different mother guy from yesterday) this was another detailer . Craig said could be ice, being scraped off. But only me who would do that (the boss won鈥檛 and she isn鈥檛 driving it). I know I haven鈥檛 and it doesn鈥檛 make sense for all the scratches anyway. I鈥檝e moving on a roof causing that means one thing鈥..real crap paint!! As it鈥檚 never ever happened before. Plus it鈥檚 not really had any ice on, no real amount of snow either. So it鈥檚 a no go.
Interesting what a lad said in work (he drives a nice new Honda civic ). He had it with a. Foot ball, said those can leave all kind of strange scuffs, happened to him. But my lad hasn鈥檛 played football in front anyway as he knows not to and I鈥檓 here to know! (Ruins grass when wet).
I think all could maybe argued toward a cause, but it would be about 5 different ones to happen in 2 months. Cats, rings in fingers, ice, football, birds, branches鈥..none of those thought, all of us ruled all out in agreement . Unless a load of grit on motorway has done it all (possible but unlikely and some marks still hard to say would cause that). Unlikely as I would recall the pose and think beep .

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
Looks good in silver, was undecided about colour and went for decuma grey, think the lighter colours look better 馃憤馃槑
Decuma Grey is a popular colour with my work colleagues, fleet have several new Corolla TS 1.8 Design on order in that colour.
I know another ordered there's in black as he didn't wont to copy everyone else & have the same colour.

Super Moderator

glad its sorted ,
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

quote taken from handbook
more a coating of something from what i can tell

Registered
Your missing out on none stop rain in the UK, I can tell you鈥檙e gutted all the way from Toyota waiting room!!!
Chucking it down in Bahrain today, and high of 16. I鈥檓 walking around in shirtsleeves and locals are in puffer jackets and scarfs etc.

Registered
Chucking it down in Bahrain today, and high of 16. I鈥檓 walking around in shirtsleeves and locals are in puffer jackets and scarfs etc.
馃槺 Nevermind Huey you'll be back in blighty soon. Your right about those boys over there soon as it drops below 20 they have more skins on than an onion. Still pondering what's been on Ven's CHR,saw a reminder running along allotment fence Mr Squirrel we are plagued by them, not in hibernation some of them,nasty thing's they are.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
馃槺 Nevermind Huey you'll be back in blighty soon. Your right about those boys over there soon as it drops below 20 they have more skins on than an onion. Still pondering what's been on Ven's CHR,saw a reminder running along allotment fence Mr Squirrel we are plagued by them, not in hibernation some of them,nasty thing's they are.
Not really seen any squirrels , not this time of year anyway. I thought maybe rats as shot a couple a few month back(not those ones anyway馃槄). But not enough weight and they would be in engine bay, not scratching under back of spoiler and side of door arches. They would fall off where they were鈥..thought foot ball as can scuff , but no, not all over and again ,ball wouldn鈥檛 get to some of them .
Last thing Craig said at Toyota was maybe ice again, but to me that鈥檚 really crap paint if so. As never had that in 30yrs of driving! And well no, it鈥檚 not ice, I just know. It鈥檚 like I have drove into a holly bush, done donuts inside , but without it touching the sides of the doors and bonnet. Maybe not that bad but that random. 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Guess what! Suns out and not raining for first time in a while. Checked over and it鈥檚 like I鈥檝e not even been to Toyota. Straight on phone waiting for a call. I knew Wez should have done it, not this other guy. Thought too easy and good to be true.
This is just one area of random scratches

just noticed this now and no it鈥檚 not still been through a car wash or bush! Or anything in contact with it!

pillar one

One on edge is still there on passenger side bonnet

So now I鈥檓 getting annoyed a little, obviously I can鈥檛 blame anyone. But this has wasted an hour of my time. I need the original guy on it with OCD. Can keep hold of car, not bothered. But it literally is no different apart from the one above, being slightly less faint(can make it look worse with lighting ).
馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Coincidently a lad in work , his wife has just got one through work. Year old. Now I must have said something when he first told me last week, as he said鈥漨y misses has just got one of those Toyota thingies鈥 yes he doesn鈥檛 drive鈥.

Today he said 鈥済uess what, my misses car is the same, lots of random scratches all over the roof鈥
Problem of course she isn鈥檛 the first owner and a year old (21 plate). But as I鈥檓 the only owner and drive 1000 miles, I know it鈥檚 not been through this that the other(not that it would do this or make any difference anyway).
First thing people always say or ask鈥漢as it been through a car wash鈥 well let鈥檚 be honest, even if it had ,what crap paint would it be? A car wash that would cause that? Hardly be in business for long and these days they are pretty much state of the art anyway.
I digress but it鈥檚 pretty obvious it鈥檚 not car wash , not cats, etc.

So right now right back to square one鈥︹.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Nipped local body work shop(had alloys powder coated in past there and know their stuff). J the owner isn鈥檛 in till tomorrow so getting this recommended detailer info off him then.
So lads come out, had a look, straight away said 鈥 looks like a sponge that with grit in鈥 . Now they kind of know me (not like go to pub together thing) but know it鈥檚 not me. Obviously you would know if you have grit in a sponge if washing a car.
It鈥檚 not happened to me in 30yrs on / off of washing anyway. Not to mention I don鈥檛 wash by hand this time of year as too cold. Plus use jet to get crap off from the roads(salt).
He did say it鈥檚 very possible it鈥檚 happened at Toyota , as they are not going to be paying car washers big money, just another car鈥.. But I can鈥檛 prove that as they can鈥檛 prove I鈥檝e not馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔.
So going to see a detailer and get a price over the next week , I鈥檓 not 100% but it鈥檚 defo the most reasonable possibility ,for the random scratches over it. Even though I鈥檝e not hand washed it (or anyone else has either ).
Jet wash, always jet the dust and crap off first, nothing has changed there in near 30yrs. As said never happened this before , ever! and never had a brand new car, this is the first.

Registered
Im amazed... hurts to see it!

This damage can never been done by handwash with very dirty sponge. Also no carwash. Too much and too deep scratches for that. Also they are not in lenth of the car.

Anyway, something happend and it could been covered by a wax full of fillers to hide it. After time the wax gets thinner and scratches appear.

Reactions: ven

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Im amazed... hurts to see it!

This damage can never been done by handwash with very dirty sponge. Also no carwash. Too much and too deep scratches for that. Also they are not in lenth of the car.

Anyway, something happend and it could been covered by a wax full of fillers to hide it. After time the wax gets thinner and scratches appear.
Very interesting ! My problem is proving that 馃槥

41 - 60 of 91 Posts