Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

So basically I scraped my car on my garden wall as I was parking and it’s scratched my front bumper. The paint has been removed and you can now see the metal surface

What would be the best way to correct this as I’m really stressing out? It belongs on finance and I need to fix all damages before my lease

Is it worth buying the actual colour from third party businesses and using it as a touch up spray/pen fill? Or do I go straight to toyota and get the full touch up

Please help thanks
Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Sky Hood Cloud Automotive design Line
A
Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Road surface

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just get your local Chips-Away or mobile repair company to do it. Probably less than £150 for a small touch up
£150 😭 daym I was hoping it’ll be less that £80

do you think it’s worth buying a spray bottle with the exact colour code alongside primer to do the job myself?

I’ve never had to deal with this type of situation before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
be looking at £300 + unless you know someone in the trade, better off taking to a car repair shop and saying you want to pay cash
😳 £300 please don’t scare me lol. No way it’ll cost me that much for 3 scratch lines.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did say less than £150.

You will only know if you call someone and get them to quote.

Chips away will make up a small pot of paint so ask them to leave the rest with you for future touch ups.

Alternatively if you have a local body shop drop in and ask, they might be open to a quick smart repair for cash

Doing it yourself is an option, but you need patience
Yeah I’ve decided not to do it myself. It’s long and I don’t have all of the materials.

I’ve contacted chips away, waiting for a official quote now. Thanks for the recommendation🙏🏼

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There’s no way you’ll get that looking good with touch up paint or spray cans, especially if you have no experience. Have the job done properly.
It doesn’t need a full body spray right or am I going mad.

Yeah I’m getting it checked out by Chips away. Hopefully the price is good, otherwise I’m done for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Best pay for a SMART repair like chips away etc as they will do a much better invisible repair job including blending the paint colour in.

The SMART repair people are doing these types of repairs day in & day out.

Unless you know what you are doing, attempting a paint repair especially on a plastic front bumper can end up looking a lot worse & cost more for a professional to then put right.
Got any recommendations?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Close to my guess.... Would expect local mobile chap to be a bit cheaper

End of day that’s life. No way would you claim on insurance.
yeah exactly, my excess is already high haha

chips away got back to me and quoted £216 :/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts