Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , I recently purchased a 2019 CHR Design, which has been great. However seeing a weird issue. I live in Northern Ireland and drive to and from Southern Ireland. So the RSA does recognise signs ok but it sees everything as KPH. Obviously when back in North of Ireland it should read MPH but it still sees signs as KPH. Anyone seen this or any ideas :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
There is a setting to change from km/h to m/h.
I'm doing the same trip the other way around every now and then, but i don't bother changing it l.
Road side assist doesn't have any ways to read GPS data to figure out it's a metric country or an imperial one. It would not be a hard problem to solve, but it applies only on the island of Ireland and at border between US with Canada and Mexico. No car manufacturer will bother to fix it.

If it's important for you, look in the manual and you'll find where the setting is for your specific unit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
There is a setting to change from km/h to m/h.
I'm doing the same trip the other way around every now and then, but i don't bother changing it l.
Road side assist doesn't have any ways to read GPS data to figure out it's a metric country or an imperial one. It would not be a hard problem to solve, but it applies only on the island of Ireland and at border between US with Canada and Mexico. No car manufacturer will bother to fix it.

If it's important for you, look in the manual and you'll find where the setting is for your specific unit.
Yep, you’re right. When I picked my car up the Sat Nav was in km, but I changed it to miles.

Speedo etc was in miles, so not linked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts