Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1.8 VVT-h Dynamic CVT 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing a headunit upgrade on my 2018 CHR and in the final stages I think a fuse has popped, my headunit, auto gearstick lights, and clock and A/C lights no longer are working. is there an associated fuse to replace for these?

thanks

· Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
534 Posts
There is a cabin fusebox up behind the glove box.

The black plastic kick trim panel under the glovebox has 3 X spring clips along the front edge, press these in & the trim panel should drop down.

I've no idea which fuse it will be but there should be a basic key / list on the fuse box cover.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a look already and replaced a broken "Panel" fuse, but with no luck.

Thought it was weird these things all broke at once? Like it doesn't feel like they should be sharing a fuse

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weirdly the radio fuse is fine, and even weirder when I plugged my dashcam into the radio fuse the dashcam worked fine.

Is there some sort of common fuse or wire between the front panel control lights(A/C paddles), auto gearstick gear lights, and the radio? since they all stopped working at the same time I'm assuming so

I realise this is quite a niche problem that needs some expertise to answer

· Registered
147 Posts
I used to be an automobile electrician and in the 30 years I did it I found that don’t be fooled by fuse labelling! I used to look after several body shops & would get called out to faults like this & they would always say they checked the fuses. More than 50% of the time I would turn up & check every vehicle fuse, find an unrelated blown fuse, replace it and fix the problem. Some fuses do more than one thing & it’s not noted in handbook etc!

So what I would do if I was you is check every fuse regardless of what it is supposed to do!

Another strange fault I had with a car radio was it wouldn’t work despite the fuse looking ok, however, when tested with a multimeter it was actually blown.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, checked all interior fuses and changed one "Panel" fuse that was broke and that fixed most of the interior panel lights

The auto gearstick lights all work except the gear I'm currently in doesn't show up blue any more?

The radio / clock still doesnt power on. However the fuse is fine and when I plug in a dashcam to the radio fuse it works fine, so power is getting to there

Any ideas guys?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts