Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my CH-R for almost 12 months/10k miles

On Wednesday I had to hire a car, and whilst the rental company said it would be a 1.0 Ford Fiesta, they instead delivered a 2.5 Rav4 hybid....not bad for £15 per day :)

Covered 600 miles and here's my conclusion:

Pro's

Hybrid system seems to recharge quicker on the Rav4 than the C-HR, so two bars increase in 5 miles of driving at 5mph (huge traffic jam on M6/M5 yesterday)....am guessing as a larger battery?
Lot's of space and a huge boot
It had auto-lock at over 15mph
Sound system seemed better (more speakers) and radio reception stronger

Cons
Not very economic the 600 miles saw me put 80l of fuel, which equates to 32mpg
It takes a long time to heat up the huge cabin
Same MY as my CH-R but the switchgear seems dated (took me an age to find the petrol flap release!) :(
Not so compliant on rough roads and speed bumps (am guessing the longer wheelbase didn't help)
Centre display (between dials) not the same as that on the C-HR...why??
Took an age to find a good seating position, whereas in the C-HR it was almost instantaneous

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
So what was your conclusion? Which would like to keep
Chr or rav4

·
Registered
130 Posts
We actually went to buy a Hybrid RAV4.

My wife drove them back to back.

The main reason she went for the C-HR was the funky looks & much better interior/equipment/tech, despite the lack of 4x4 (which we really wanted).

·
Registered
75 Posts
I tested both the cars back to back and wasn't impressed with the interior or the fuel economy of the Rav . Having a 2.5 lt petrol engine is never going to be economical and though the interior was boring. There is a new model due so I'm sure they will funk it up a bit. It is a much bigger car so I guess it's going to be a very different drive to the CHR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts