Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had call from the dealers. Finally the sill protection plates are in. Will be fitted on Monday :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
@Rosie60 mine arrived as well on the 22nd September but not being fitted until my replacement tank is in which is on back order at the moment :(

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
@Toyota_Fan so you have got to have a new tank did they say why?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Ans,
When I went for them to check it out they sent the pictures to Toyota to determine if mine was affected and they got a response saying it was, when I get the call to get the Scuff plates, extra chrome and Fuel Tank fitted I'll ask why mine was requested to be replaced.

PS Ans I presume yours was fine then ?

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
Toyota_Fan said:
Hi Ans,
When I went for them to check it out they sent the pictures to Toyota to determine if mine was affected and they got a response saying it was, when I get the call to get the Scuff plates, extra chrome and Fuel Tank fitted I'll ask why mine was requested to be replaced.

Yes my one was OK, i just wondered what the fault was

·
Registered
127 Posts
ans said:
Toyota_Fan said:
Hi Ans,

Yes my one was OK, i just wondered what the fault was
Thin walls.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ans,
Will find out exactly as yours and mine were not built far apart and does seem strange

@insomnia thats the fault with the fuel tanks but wonder why mine was recalled and not Ans

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally .........pic as requested

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
nice

·
Registered
246 Posts
Rosie60 I presume they come as set of 4 then I was lead to beleive they were front only I hope mine are like yours front and rear :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes. They came as a set of four

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for that Rosie :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
What is the cost of these sill protectors ??

And part number if possible ??

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi ScomasiFP200, myself an Rosie from memory got them free with the dealer and they have only just become available since the launch in January

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ScomadiFP200 said:
What is the cost of these sill protectors ??

And part number if possible ??
Hi. scomadiFP200, Toyota_Fan is quite correct. I negotiated these as part of the deal. However I have a copy of the invoice that went to Sales.

Aluminium scuff TPW382-10000. £155.72 plus VAT

They charged £52.50 to fit so total cost was £249.86 inc VAT

A very small discount off a new car it seems. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thank You, they look nice but not £250 worth of nice.

OK, if you got them thrown as part of the deal, but no way I'm paying that now I've got the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is it (maybe) mounted in the opposite, right-left? The diamond design is contrary to that of the inner plastic and is not good to see. Door sill is nice

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.