Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
signed on the dotted line last weekend so its on the way, there is one issue though

Toyota have charged me £350 for the protection Pack when the product I ordered is listed on the Toyota website at £150, has anybody else had issues with ordering it, there playing hardball at the moment saying the website price is wrong, surely they have to honour the "advertised" price, they have said its in the T&C on the website

"All prices shown on this website are recommended retail prices. Prices relating to finance packages are provided for indicative purposes only and are subject to status and terms and conditions. This means that they may differ from the actual price quoted by an official Toyota dealer for a particular product or service."

leaves a bit of a sour taste at the moment, I know the easy thing is to say forget it as its over priced and buy after market products but its the principal

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Don't know if it's EU or our local law, that states, the final price paid can not be higher than advertised (no matter what's written in some conditions). In such a matter one could easily get back the overpaid amount.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Why 350 for the protection pack? Or even 325? That really crazy.
I would not accept it. If its a mistake by Toyota they should at least give you those parts for the 150.
Otherwise all prices on their website cant be taken serious.. what does a C-HR cost that way? 50K suddenly???

If i look at these parts by Burrows its about same price as on the official Toyota website.

Boot liner : 60
http://www.burrowscarparts.co.uk/genuine-toyota-c-hr-boot-liner-pw241-10004.html

Protection plate : 70
http://www.burrowscarparts.co.uk/genuine-toyota-c-hr-rear-bumper-protection-plate-pw178-10001.html

Mudflaps : 35
http://www.burrowscarparts.co.uk/genuine-toyota-c-hr-front-rear-set-mudflap-pw389-10000.html

That makes 165 and with labour to fit maybe 200?

·
Registered
760 Posts
smartiepants said:
signed on the dotted line last weekend so its on the way, there is one issue though

I think if you have signed on the dotted line you have accepted their quote so its too late to argue

G

·
I sent an email to Toyota UK asking about the different prices. This is their reply:

I can confirm that the prices on brochure and the blog are in fact correct, the difference in price is due to when this pack is fitted (£150) it will be fitted at factory when the vehicle built, the higher price thats stated on our blog is for when the pack is fitted after the vehicle has been purchased as the parts have to be fitted separately.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RichardT said:
I sent an email to Toyota UK asking about the different prices. This is their reply:

I can confirm that the prices on brochure and the blog are in fact correct, the difference in price is due to when this pack is fitted (£150) it will be fitted at factory when the vehicle built, the higher price thats stated on our blog is for when the pack is fitted after the vehicle has been purchased as the parts have to be fitted separately.
so they are charging £175 extra to bolt 4 mudflaps on, stick a stainless steel strip (that is more than likely double sided tape) & a boot liner that just drops into place
there not charging me extra for the additional accent pack that I ordered, not sure where this would be fitted
i'm waiting for a phone call from my dealer

·
Registered
97 Posts
The salesman gave me a protection pack for free, but he said "don't tell anyone !!" - oops.
I applied it myself when I got the car home. You can actually buy one for about £50 off ebay if you want to do it yourself.
Its easy enough to apply, the instructions are in the pack. It just takes a couple of hours and plenty of elbow grease.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts