Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
How often do you hear a warning from the pre-collision system :?: I got the car 2 months ago, drove more than 2.000 kilometers and never it worked ..
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control works properly.
I understand that it's good :D , but I'm starting to worry if it's working :roll: ...

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Pre-collision starts beeping only if you're not holding a foot on the brakes. As soon as you touch the brake pedal, it stops beeping (or never starts in the first place). I've driven over 6k km and it scared me 3 times :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mine is working overtime :)
It happened to beep twice at pedestrians that suddenly showed up between stopped cars. Many times at hard braking front cars. Two times at parked cars that I was driving at, making space for buses and once really saved my @ss. The last one was actually that it hit the brakes by itself. Really appreciated it.

G

·
First time in 6 months- in a motorway queue. Was good: useful. Am happy. The only thing is, the beep can sound like many of the other warning beeps but the dashboard display was clear enough "BRAKE"!

·
Registered
141 Posts
If im not mistaken, pre-collision activates not only if u are not having ur foot on brake but also if u not holding the steering wheel to change direction of car, i think these two must happen both simultaneously for pre-collision to start beeping, and this is because the system feels that u dont have the control of the car while it detects something in front so it warn u with brake signal and beeping at first.
It happened 3-4 times to me, once when i tested it if works (just the warning) and the other times like a "false" alarm.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Chris said:
If im not mistaken, pre-collision activates not only if u are not having ur foot on brake but also if u not holding the steering wheel to change direction of car, i think these two must happen both simultaneously for pre-collision to start beeping, and this is because the system feels that u dont have the control of the car while it detects something in front so it warn u with brake signal and beeping at first.
It happened 3-4 times to me, once when i tested it if works (just the warning) and the other times like a "false" alarm.
I dont think it can detect if you holding the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Chris said:
If im not mistaken, pre-collision activates not only if u are not having ur foot on brake but also if u not holding the steering wheel
No it doesn't. You can hold the wheel, but going straight to the obstacle without braking, it activates.

Alexr said:
Yes it can :) Tried that. Released the wheel for about 5-10 seconds ant it showed me to take the wheel. But no collision warning (the road was clear)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Karmalakas said:
Chris said:
If im not mistaken, pre-collision activates not only if u are not having ur foot on brake but also if u not holding the steering wheel
No it doesn't. You can hold the wheel, but going straight to the obstacle without braking, it activates.

Alexr said:
Yes it can :) Tried that. Released the wheel for about 5-10 seconds ant it showed me to take the wheel. But no collision warning (the road was clear)
How did it show you?

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Steering wheel with hands on it. All in red. Also a warning text - something like "Put your hands on steering wheel" or "Take a wheel..." (can't remember now). On information display (between gauges)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Chris said:
I thinks you talking about the
Steering control function pag.296

Pag 297
Hands off steering wheel alert
When the system determines that the driver has removed their hands from
the steering wheel
while the steering control function is operating, a warning
message is displayed on the multi-information display.
If the driver continues to keep their hands off of the steering wheel, the
buzzer sounds, a warning message is displayed and the function is temporarily
canceled. This alert also operates in the same way when the vehicle is
driven with the steering wheel lightly gripped. However, depending on the
road conditions, etc., the function may not cancel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts