Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
It seems you have quite some extra's above the base model starting at roughly £21000 pounds. When you trade in a more luxury model about 2/3th of the extra's are written off directly. So it sounds harsh, but it is kind of a reality.

So next time, buy a entry model ;) ...or just enjoy your extra's.

BTW why do you want to sell your C-HR?

·
Registered
681 Posts
mjvdzwet said:
It seems you have quite some extra's above the base model starting at roughly £21000 pounds. When you trade in a more luxury model about 2/3th of the extra's are written off directly. So it sounds harsh, but it is kind of a reality.

So next time, buy a entry model ;) ...or just enjoy your extra's.

BTW why do you want to sell your C-HR?
Wich price you mean is an reality. I suppose the 24.500 pound becourse the price from WeBuyAnyCar 12765 pound is an insult.

·
Registered
681 Posts
mjvdzwet said:
I meant the 24K is reality, not the 12K ;)
I expected so but I wanted some assurance.

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
i wouldnt even bother with webuy any car they are sh£t, got a valuation on autotrader Part-exchange guide price
£24,190 ,Private guide price
£25,270

·
Registered
92 Posts
The depreciation in cars is a reason why I've moved to personal lease sadly.

What I'll save for leasing (including maintenance) over the 3 years for me compared to finance/PCP to buy, is the same as saving the deposit on leasing another new car or a deposit to buy again privately

So I've moved to lease for now and will see in 3 years whether lease is the best way for me to go again.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i wouldnt even bother with webuy any car they are sh£t, got a valuation on autotrader Part-exchange guide price
£24,190 ,Private guide price
£25,270
Their valuations are very inconsistent, we use them at work occasionally, for example they gave us a better price for a 3 year old Evoque than a P/X quote against a brand new Discovery from a Main Dealer. Other times their prices are way out. I P/Xd my BMW X3 when I bought my CHR and the WBAC price was very close.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd just like to add something here and I have nothing to do with We buy any car.com. ;)

In Germany we have the same company and out of interest I put the wife's car details onto their website and got a quote back that was far less than what we wanted. As the time due closer, that the car had to go, I made an appointment with them (had nothing to lose) and went along only to be positively surprised. :D

They took it for a quick test drive, with me in it, checked it over and came back with a offer 2000 euros more than the online offer :D

The offer was made and valid for 5 days, we took up the offer 2 days later, went back handed everything over and 2 days later the money was in our account.

I'm not the only one that has had a positive experience with these guys and if people ask me I say "The online offer is a starter but it's worth going along and getting a firm offer as it doesn't cost anything apart from time on your part".

If your selling your car privately then I'd take the time out and see what they offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts