Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
would void your warranty if you got found out but looks like it could be removed very easily ,also they do a try before you buy, but i have never been keen on these kind of tuning boxes but its your car .

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prob won't bother, but it's a significant increase in bhp

·
Registered
163 Posts
Has the same engine been used on any previous Toyotas or is it a brand new engine for the C-HR / TNGA platform? If it is a new engine i would wait.

This raises boost pressure and might also adjust A/F and/or ignition timing. I would be most worried about reliability of different components such as the stock catalyst. These tend to break with higher temperatures that comes with the extra boost. Also i think the car has a water cooled intercooler? I am not sure how that can handle the extra air intake heat as well. If it runs at a specific temperature all the time then hotter intake air from the higher boost can cause engine knock depending on how well the ECU can handle this. Also not sure if cars with Atkinson cycle engines should be modified or not. I understand that with Atkinson an intake valve is delayed from closing. You are now pushing more air and potentially fuel in the cylinder. It must be a pretty advanced stock ECU I wouldn't mess with it. The engine has been built with economy/ efficiency in mind not sure how good it is a a tuning platform.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've heard about a 122 to 177 hp for the Hybrid too, but never search for info. American patent for Prius.
Economy was my priority (and good looking of course) at this car.
Too new car to expirement now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i dont like either plug in tuning boxes. the best solution would be an ECU remap from Toyota or TRD lets say, hopefully will happen in the near future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts