Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid a visit to my dealer (about my wife's Yaris) and struck up a conversation with a couple of the sales guys about the c-hr and gave them a link to this forum. They were aware of the windscreen problem only because of my car and were surprised at the numbers reported on here. They were pleased after seeing the other comments and feedback as it hadn't been filtered by the motoring press or Toyota and overall they thought it gave a very fair assessment of the car and its options. They also agreed with the mpg figures being quoted as more realistic and relevant to future owners.
We members on the forum are a little biased as we mainly either have a c-hr or are waiting for delivery and we humans (I use the term loosely) as such don't like to be told they have made the wrong decision so reassurance from other like minded people is comforting.
Just a thought would anyone pass it on to your dealer warts and all?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Mark, following on from my post about the cracked windscreen I did mention the owners forum and the ratio of issues to members.

When I go in next week I'll make sure they know about the forum, good and bad :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pelforth said:
Hi Mark, following on from my post about the cracked windscreen I did mention the owners forum and the ratio of issues to members.

When I go in next week I'll make sure they know about the forum, good and bad :)
It's all about education

·
Registered
641 Posts
Mark said:
I paid a visit to my dealer (about my wife's Yaris) and struck up a conversation with a couple of the sales guys about the c-hr and gave them a link to this forum. They were aware of the windscreen problem only because of my car and were surprised at the numbers reported on here. They were pleased after seeing the other comments and feedback as it hadn't been filtered by the motoring press or Toyota and overall they thought it gave a very fair assessment of the car and its options. They also agreed with the mpg figures being quoted as more realistic and relevant to future owners.
We members on the forum are a little biased as we mainly either have a c-hr or are waiting for delivery and we humans (I use the term loosely) as such don't like to be told they have made the wrong decision so reassurance from other like minded people is comforting.
Just a thought would anyone pass it on to your dealer warts and all?
Regarding the windscreen issue, I was at my dealers about three or four weeks ago (I posted on the windscreen topic) and he showed me an email from Toyota advising they were aware of the windscreen issues and are dealing with the quality issues and what to advise customers coming in with the problem. Not all dealers are as good at giving their staff relevant information it seems and some are clearly more aware and keep abreast of issues than others.

I pointed my local dealer and his staff to this forum at the outset of delivery advising them of the things discussed and we keep in touch to discuss things in general. I think it is a very good thing to educate dealers with information from actual model owners as often they have unique insights and knowledge that can only come from owning one. Even though yes owners may be a little biased, on a forum like this I think people tend to be pretty candid over how they feel and the kinds of issues they face.

All in all I think this forum is a good show for the CHR as a whole especially given how new it is and lets be fair the few launch issues it has had.
I know some cars 2 years in that have more issues than the CHR had from new. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.