Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota in Japan is offering to add a plastic cover between the electric parking brake switch and the shift lever. See attached illustration. This is suspiciously worded as a free service campaign. Takes 15 mins to install. Also being reflected in the manual so I gather the cover should ship with all new cars from now on. Someone accidentally hit the brake switch while driving? Anyone anywhere receiving similar notifications?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
If You would hit it, the brake should be released. To engage the brake you have to pull it. Can't see how it would cause any trouble if hit while driving.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Perhaps certain types of clothing might catch the brake lever and drag it up?? (eg sleeve with buttons on?).
I have noticed that is a dust trap!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I suppose that it has something to do with safety regulations in Japan. I think it is a little bit overdone you can still block it special with the items you said prevent lipsticks, pens and other items from blocking the brake switch.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Looks like it has a place now the is perfect designed for putting a lipstick in.. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts