Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
I see the Design spec has blind spot monitor & rear cross traffic alert fitted now according to the Toyota UK website.
One of the best features on the car. If reversing off my drive it picks up approaching cars or pedestrians way before I see them and flashes yellow warning lights on the reversing screen.
Only had breaks slam on once as I was reversing towards my wife’s car very slowly as she was pulling away and was not going to hit it but system saw a danger, Wow,the car slams the brakes on pretty hard

· Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
534 Posts
Its an excellent safety feature & one of the reasons I picked a C-HR over the Corolla.

I've had it trigger a few times backing out my garage & also backing on to the drive around the GFs house - beeps like mad, both mirror blind spot warnings flash & the warning arrows appear on the reversing screen on the side the traffic is approaching from.

I haven't triggered the automatic braking - yet.

· Registered
22 Posts
I tried it in a busy car park and it nearly crashed into the adjacent car! I like the warnings and auto braking if another car appears when pulling out but won't trust the self park until I at least try it again maybe somewhere quieter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts