Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt buy these for aesthetics but heres a picture in case you want an idea what multispokes look like.

Economy up 3-6mpg
Torque up 10percent
Weight down lots
Looks, subjective :)

Just to update 18" 8j et48 seem to work fine. bolts came up a bit short so bought extended nuts. It has a sleeve to engage a few more threads. I was only getting 8 compared to the original 11-12.

http://www.raceways.co.uk/USA_3-4''_Hex_Bulge_ET_wheel_nut_long.htm

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks wise not too bad!

So I'm no expert at all on tyres and wheels, do the different wheel sizes increase torque or the tyre itself?

I've noticed in Sport mode the Primacy 3 tyres fitted on mine tend to judder on hard acceleration, I can only assume I'll get wheel spin in the wet? The hybrid engine is very torquey at full power!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im also not an expert but did some reading up. Heres what I found out

every 1kg taken out the wheel/tyre is like 6-7kg taken from unsprung body mass

As ive lost 10-12kg Ive effectively negated my own weight in the car

Dyno test have shown that this didnt increase power as such but it freed up to 10bhp to be used for motion instead of having to overcome the wheel

My bumometer agrees.

I noticed scrabling for grip in the dry but not wet with the primacys. I was either being more gentle for the conditions or the engine power is cut back after it slips. Electric drives are great at this. The droning noise in corners has gone and the car seems quieter.

Iv actually got a slightly larger circumference now. So if you went for 50 profiles you might get even more grunt than my 55s..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks very much, I'm still baffled but I kind of get what you mean :)

I have a feeling the C-HR hybrid may be heavy on front tyres l wonder if the Primacy 3 are standard throughout Europe ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts