Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just joined and replaced my amazing Evoque with an even more amazing c-hr. Test driven twice and smitten. Ordered a year old 2.0 184bhp and its highly pleasing:)

Also last check at the dealer said Amber - fuel treatment required. Anyone know what is recommended?

Many thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't use fuel treatment on same car. Google says Amber is a USA injector cleaner

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I had mine serviced first time around, I got an advisory for wheel alignment (Which Toyota wanted to charge me £67 to correct) and on Fuel Treatment. I went back in and queried the Fuel Treatment. I was told it was nothing to worry about ... So why put it as an advisory, if it is nothing to worry about? I was pushed for time as they had already taken longer than they were supposed to and made me late for a subsequent appointment, so I left it at that. The following weekend, I went to a local ATS and asked them to look at and fix the wheel alignment issue ... I was in there for 5 minutes, when they came back and advised me there was nothing wrong with the wheel alignment. ATS charged me nothing for that
I've recently had my second service and neither of those advisories came up. I thought I'd ask anyway, since the advisories from my first service did not show on my second service. Wheel alignment, they said, can correct itself, as they suggested mine appeared to have done. The Fuel Treatment - Well apparently that is down to the type of fuel you are putting in. If you're using supermarket fuel all the time, they suggest that at some point fuel treatment will be required. But if you're using E5, you will not have that problem. I had filled up with the E5 the week before, only because I didn't take notice of the label on the handle and didn't realise until I was watching the costs of filling up going higher than normal. So I had a mixture of E5 and E10 in my tank when it was serviced and it was suggested that was why the advisory had not come up this time around.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If you're using supermarket fuel all the time, they suggest that at some point fuel treatment will be required
That is total bullshit, fuel supplied to supermarkets comes out of the same tank as fuel supplied to other garages.

·
Registered
402 Posts
asinrute said:
If you're using supermarket fuel all the time, they suggest that at some point fuel treatment will be required
That is total bullshit, fuel supplied to supermarkets comes out of the same tank as fuel supplied to other garages.
I get repair garages tell me different. I had tyres replaced at a fitters on my previous saab and on the counter was a advert for engine cleaning. I asked about it and was asked what fuel I used. I only use shell. Was told not to waste my money. But he said he'd highly recommend it if I used supermarket fuel. But everyone to there own. For the sake of a fiver difference per fill. I'll stick to my shell. Attached is info from which report.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts