Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran out of washer fluid this morning. The car didn't warn me it was getting low. Is that right?

I can't remember the last time I owned a car that didn't have a washer fluid low warning.

·
Registered
685 Posts
None of my Toyotas i own(ed) give a warning that its run out of fluid..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Karmalakas said:
Mine gives a warning for sure. Already 2 times had to fill. When the warning came up, I could fill 4l of fluid.
Hmmm okay. I wonder if it's regional. I've had a quick look in the manual, but found no mention of a washer fluid low warning. It's in at the dealer on Monday for the EPB recall, I'll ask then.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found this in the UK manual on page 630:

The warning message appears on the multi- information display. (if equipped)

I have a UK C-HR Dynamic, is the fluid low warning not included in this model?

·
Registered
177 Posts
That is shocking. I hadn't realised, I thought all cars had them as standard. How disappointing- all those safety features yet you can't see through the windscreen😳

·
Registered
130 Posts
Karmalakas have washer on headlights indeed a different washer system.
Mine too have no washer on headlights and no level warning. When i picked my car i used windscreen washer 3-4 times and it started spraying foam. I guess it had 300ml inside, if dealer loads fluids that was so pitty.
Anyways i never had a car with low level warning before so i do not feel it missing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
no warning on mine also.
The only Japanese car i ever had with washer fluid warning was a 92 Mazda 323, the rest of them didn't had it.
I had a 2015 Mazda 6, no warning, a pretty expensive car..nothing.. Mazda 3 2016 same thing, Subaru Forester 2006, no warning.. I think its Japanese car thing..
All the European cars I had the warning was there. .

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
MADemara said:
mine also shows when it is low level )
It seems like it's region dependent. Every model in Baltic states has headlight washers and low level warning. I think Poland also has these, but not sure though. It's so strange, that even European market is so segmented (apart from UK right hand drive)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts