Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just ordered a new chr gr sport in tecuma grey, due Dec.
Ordered the 1.8 but didn't try the 2.0 as wanted the bigger boot.
Hope I made the right decision as the 1.8 seems a bit underpowered from my gla 200.
We don't need speed and power any more just a comfortable quiet economical reliable car for both long journeys and running round locally.

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
287 Posts
Only you can decide if its the right decision but it sounds from your requirements like the 1.8 is the correct choice

FWIW - I test drove a 1.8 Excel then ordered a 2 litre GR Sport without test driving one, I did get to test drive a 2 litre GR Sport before my C-HR arrived.
The smaller boot space on the 2 litre hybrid doesn't bother me as its only ever me & the missus in the car.

·
Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
287 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looked at both boots and only minimal difference. Only two of us as both kids left home, and we can fit all of our bags and dog’s crate folded down flat in boot
He gets the back seat all to himself

2.0 probably better if you do longer trips, but 1.8 is fine if mostly in town.

ETTO, both good cars

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, dealer set up my t on my phone, don't think there will be any action on there for quite a few weeks, hopefully it will be worth the wait🤞😂

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Huey, we have grandkids now and again, need to carry fold up pushchair as well, it fits perfectly across the 1.8 boot into the recesses at both sides .

Sounds like the 1.8 will be ok for my needs, mostly shortish journeys, two or three times a year a longer drive for holidays.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks Huey, we have grandkids now and again, need to carry fold up pushchair as well, it fits perfectly across the 1.8 boot into the recesses at both sides .

Sounds like the 1.8 will be ok for my needs, mostly shortish journeys, two or three times a year a longer drive for holidays.
We do about 80% City driving and 20% motorway/country in our 1.8. We've found it fine. My other half still goes on how great it is to drive compared to our old car - and that's the thing. If you've not been driving a range of other vehicles, then your terms of reference are limited. When we hire a car, that's when you notice the differences. But end of the day, we're happy with the 1.8.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks flyboy, looks like the 1.8 is ideal for us, as well as a test drive it's great to hear from other people who own and run the same model as the one we're interested in, thanks folks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Delivery sounds about right, a few weeks after mine, yours could be early, mine might be late but delivery times within 3 weeks of each other.
Going to be a long wait 👍😬

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fingers crossed, have sold the gla as prices for second hand are almost at what we paid for it new, using two seater now as main car until chr arrives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts