Toyota C-HR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Had no idea the infotainment was different to with the JBL option. Damn! I may need to reconsider. 馃ぃ
On the GR (and all apart from the base model) the infotainment has been upgraded regardless of JBL. It鈥檚 now live cloud via a built in sim, so much faster no physical buttons on the sides either.
Apple play connects wirelessly too

Registered
On the GR (and all apart from the base model) the infotainment has been upgraded regardless of JBL. It鈥檚 now live cloud via a built in sim, so much faster no physical buttons on the sides either.
Apple play connects wirelessly too
Yes! I鈥檇 just found that out. Really pleased as the older system is so slow. Any idea if we can remote climate control too?

Registered
Remote climate control doesn't make too much sense on self-charging hybrids.
AC would not be unworkable as AC doesn't need anything but electricity from battery. But heating is not an option as it's provided by ICE. Heating the car is faster when driving and I would see it as highly not-eco to run the car while parked. It would not align with push for eco.
Yes, a pure electric or a plug-in hybrid car would have a heat pump that runs only on electricity. So in that case it make total sense! Think about turning on heat pump or AC while plugged in the charger. So one would not use any electricity from the battery.
But in case of a self charging car, none makes sense!
Think about a normal car parked in the sun. Temperature in the car will be way higher than outside. So it makes total sense to open the doors for a couple of minutes to "cool" it down, before turning on the engine so AC will start operating.

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
Think about a normal car parked in the sun. Temperature in the car will be way higher than outside. So it makes total sense to open the doors for a couple of minutes to "cool" it down, before turning on the engine so AC will start operating.
You could in theory roll all the windows down from the remote fob as you walked up to a C-HR - but that function needs activation as its locked out from the factory.

Registered
AC would not be unworkable as AC doesn't need anything but electricity from battery. But heating is not an option as it's provided by ICE. Heating the car is faster when driving and I would see it as highly not-eco to run the car while parked. It would not align with push for eco.
Yes, a pure electric or a plug-in hybrid car would have a heat pump that runs only on electricity. So in that case it make total sense! Think about turning on heat pump or AC while plugged in the charger. So one would not use any electricity from the battery.
[/
So, sense aside, is there remote climate control?

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
Well it seems if you drive the 2 litre hybrid a little harder you get better average MPG.
I'm impressed with the fuel consumption for my usage.

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Car Tachometer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Had a loud bong sound & a woman's voice with ATTENTION earlier - seems the C-HR didn't like my rapid departure from the traffic lights 馃槀
I had the big red warning light that I was going to crash at the weekend. Adjusted the settings now so the car doesn鈥檛 panic when something a long way off that I鈥檝e seen and just about to manoeuvre away from suddenly thinks about applying the brakes. 馃槣

Love the centre lane assist on motorways and fast A roads. After a while you get used to the subtle steering movements and just keep a light grip on the wheel.
Way better than the Peugeot system (in a business trip hire car 3008) which waits until you鈥檙e near the line and then jerks it back

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
I'm really liking the speed of the infotainment system plus the accuracy of the voice activation for radio station selection / USB stick music playback.

The handsfree phone function & announcement of who was calling impressed me to when someone called me the other day.

The C-HR smart connect system is just in a different league compared to the Peugeot NAC wave 2 system as fitted to the 308 T9 I had previously.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I'm really liking the speed of the infotainment system plus the accuracy of the voice activation for radio station selection / USB stick music playback.

The handsfree phone function & announcement of who was calling impressed me to when someone called me the other day.

The C-HR smart connect system is just in a different league compared to the Peugeot NAC wave 2 system as fitted to the 308 T9 I had previously.
Yep, was playing with Voice activation earlier. Very accurate, way better than others I鈥檝e tried (in hire cars)

Registered
Got mine today, well impressed with it. The only thing I've noticed tonight is the multi information display (the one between the dials)at night is quite bright and there doesn't seem to be a way of dimming it when it gets dark. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
Well after many weeks of waiting, the parts finally arrived for a little modification.
I feel much happier having the security of a spare wheel in the boot even if its a space saver.
Shame you cannot order a spare wheel from the factory.

Automotive tire Digital camera Camera lens Hood Automotive lighting

Registered
2022 C-HR GR Sport
For any 2 litre C-HR owners looking to retrofit a spare here's the parts I used as recommended by Toyota UK for my vehicle VIN.
Please double check these part numbers are suitable for your own vehicle VIN with your Toyota dealer parts department before ordering!

09111-F4011/Jack SU

09113-F4010 Handle Pantogr

09150-F4010 Wrench Hub Nut

51931-02040 Carrier Spare

64778-F4050 Protector Spar

64429-F4010 Box Luggage RO

64995-F4070 Box Deck Floor

64716-F4050-C0 Cover Deck Trim

42600-F4211 Wheel A

Total retail price was 拢350.56 including the VAT & takes less then 20 minutes to fit, you just need a 10mm socket to remove the 2 bolts that secure the rear luggage nut D rings to replace a trim panel.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts