Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Have you got the acoustic pedestrian warning being a 2021 model like mine it's a scrapping metal sound at low speed in EV mode ie not silent ?

Registered
That sound, which is a good idea, is not on the C-HR or other Toyota Hybrids in Australia at present, as not compulsory.

Probably will be made compulsory, one day soon, for new models

Registered
It's another new EU law so only European countries & the UK are forced to have the acoustic warning sound at the moment.

Won't be long before someone works out how to switch it off via a computer OR unplug it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Countryside said:
Have you got the acoustic pedestrian warning being a 2021 model like mine it's a scrapping metal sound at low speed in EV mode ie not silent ?
Yes it has. Quite an unusual sound but it doesn't bother me and I get the idea if it. Only sounds at very low speed.

Registered
phillips88 said:
That sound, which is a good idea, is not on the C-HR or other Toyota Hybrids in Australia at present, as not compulsory.

Probably will be made compulsory, one day soon, for new models
It's definitely a good idea. I've very nearly stepped out in front of silent Priuses back when they first came out. One of the reasons I won't wear headphones now while working the streets.

Hopefully Australia will catch up soon on this, and a lot of other stuff too! (I can say that as locked out ex-pat looking in :cry: )

Registered
rickshaw said:
Countryside said:
Yes it has. Quite an unusual sound but it doesn't bother me and I get the idea if it. Only sounds at very low speed.
I heard for the first time last week. It does sound at least strange! For a second I was convinced that 2021 RAV has a fault! Few minutes later a C-HR, also 2021, was making the same noise. So not a fault ;)

Registered
Looks stunning. I'd be fretting though: with all that piano gloss black trim around the car. 馃ゴ馃ゴ

Registered
Looks so stunning in Ash Grey. 馃憤

I still not seen this colour in the flesh but ordered the car from the colour sample & pics. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts