Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Excited?
My arrives tomorrow but I'm at work over 30 miles away so decided to wait until Saturday and them I have a week of work to get used to it.
What have you ordered Smartiepants?
I've gone Dynamic Hybrid in metalstream

·
Registered
32 Posts
Excel hybrid in decuma grey with red accent pack and mirror covers will post pics soon

Looking forward to it but a bit sad I'm trading my Honda CRZ in for it, if I had room I would keep it but already have a vw camper in the drive that does less than 2k miles a year

·
Registered
75 Posts
Toyota released info today on the new model year 2018 C-HR with a few changes coming:

New "Design" grade between Icon and Excel

Additions over Icon
18" Current Dynamic Alloys, Heated front seats with power-adjustable lumbar support, Front & Rear Parking sensors & Intelligent Park Assist,
Toyota Touch® 2 with Go Navigation and enhanced features, Smart Entry & Push-button start, Auto folding, heated door mirrors with integrated indicator,
Privacy Glass Illuminated Entry + ambient lighting

Excel gains Full Black leather interior & LED rear lights

Dynamic gains Matt Black Dynamic Alloy wheels, Black Fabric seats & Silver dash deco line

JBL sound pack now option now available on its own on Design, Excel & Dynamic

New "Cyan Splash" Blue available in both Standard and Bi-Tone

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was hoping for better infotainment which is less laggy and supports CarPlay

The 180 Hybrid Powertrain too.

My wishlist would also include improved sound insulation & more hard wearing / scratch resistant lower door plastics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My C-HR upgrade wishlist includes: (In no particular order) (yes it's a bit of a moan list but I doubt I'm alone in my experiences but if Toyota could listen to what me and other owners think and have experienced it could make the model even better).

The 180bhp Hybrid Engine to match the existing excellent road handling - The current engine just sucks on the motorway (not just with performance but fuel economy) plus it just sounds dreadful when you have to put your foot down.

Led lights all round this time on the Dynamic Level - Currently interior door, boot lights and mirror indicators are still traditional bulbs, plus why didnt they make the rear indicators pulse like the front.

A roll top parcel shelf - the current hard one is a pain when I have to transport the dog regularly and I have to take it out / rest it on the back seats.

A proper infotainment system / with Android Auto or at least it's own 3g connection - the current one is super low Res, clunky and 12 months in, some of the apps no longer work (eg Twitter) plus the JBL upgrade gives you nothing extra apart from a set of ratelly pillar speakers and very front biased sound.

Change the bonnet design - that bit at the top closest to the windscreen that just holds water that you can see slosh from one side to the other while driving is really annoying.

An engine cover - the fittings are there - but it appears they never got round to fitting a cover - I know it's only cosmetic but look at the same engine that's in the Prius, it has a cover and it just looks more modern and cleaner and must dampen a little bit of the sound.

While we are under the bonnet - how about a washer low indicator - it's 2018 and I have to wait for the washer jets to run out while driving to know I need some fluid, however the car will happily tell me that I need a bloody coffee or how much G force I'm pulling :p

The possibility of a plug in option with more battery capacity and a little more torque / umph in the electric generator. I know it's no Tesla but come on, other fully electric cars can at least pull off from a junction instead of creeping off or having to rely on the petrol engine that insists it has to rev (scream) so high just to pull out safely into traffic.

Tyres - an option to have another brand fitted at time of purchase - I'm eagerly awaiting these nasty hard Michelin Eco things to die so I can get a nice quiet grippy set of Bridgestones on. The slightest bit of cold / wet weather causes these to spin when pulling off or trigger the ABS when hitting a pot hole / drain cover when even lightly breaking.

A factory fitted / built in dash cam or at least provide a dedicated specific power source available in the roof lining / top of the windscreen - Citroen now offer such a thing that doesn't look as out of place as the after market ones.

....and finally get rid of the 80's digital clock that can't even do 24hour time or update itself.

Please don't get me wrong I love my C-HR but it just screams rushed / compromised after you have been driving it for 12 months and you see what Toyota can do on the existing Lexus NX and the new UX models when they are not compromising / recycling other models parts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, so not too bothered, I would have taken even longer deciding which grade to get, I took two hours as it was! I hate black wheels so that would have put me off the Dynamic , the leather seats of the Excel May have tempted me but I wanted the black roof.......
phew, I was worried it was going to be something really big.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have any of you picked up the new 18 registration? Mine was due yesterday and I was told on Monday that there will be a delay. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I'm so disappointed- I'd been so looking forward to driving my new car! :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
Mine was suppose to be here on the 27th March. Now been told be 3rd April. :-(

·
Registered
26 Posts
A GR version with the new 2.0l hybrid engine tuned greater than 178 hp. Paddle shifters. Direct sport mode selector. Power lift tailgate. Would sacrifice a bit of fuel consumption for a racier version as the chassis can take it.

I've got a Dynamic Limited Edition, love the seats, JBL and the black wheels. Never gone below 50 mpg through the winter, was getting 70's in the summer.

Great car with huge potential.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The thing I wanted on the Excel that I didn't get was the dynamic rear lights. Now here they are! Also would have preferred the black leather, and now here it is! Doh!

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
But wasn't all of this available as options or with package (except silver dash line and Cyan Splash)? I've got all of these features and could've gone for JBL (+€800) and black leather (+ ~€1k), but chose not to. If it wasn't, Toyota still keeps me amazed how their market is segmented

1 - 20 of 25 Posts