Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)

I'm Grega and I'm from Slovenia, we have Toyota CHR and we have problem whit navigation. If we turn left on screen car go right and if we go left on screen car go right. We was having car on service they was change antene and they load 6 times new softwer then was ok for two day's but then the same, when we turn left on screen was show like we turning right. The softwer is 6.8.1 WL. Any idea hvat can be??

I hope that we will solve this problem.

Sorry for my bed Englisch :)

Grega :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
If I understand correctly the car always goes the same direction?
Or does it go the opposite direction? So left = right and right = left. If the car is still moving forwards and backwards correctly then the GPS antenna has probably been mounted upside down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The navigation show opposite from car turn. They give inside new antenna and new softwer and for two day was ok, and then again opposite from car turn. I think if was munted upside down will always work incorect but two day's was work perfect.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It is strange that it has worked correctly. The chance that it is upside down is now about 0.0%. It is not logical anymore.

Reloading the software is not going to fix it. It must be some kind of hardware failure. It might be the gyro sensor.
When you select the G-Force indicator on the display between the dails (in front of you). You see a dot... the dot should go the opposite way of the way you go when taking a corner. I wonder if that goes the wrong way too.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Grega88 said:
The navigation show opposite from car turn. They give inside new antenna and new softwer and for two day was ok, and then again opposite from car turn. I think if was munted upside down will always work incorect but two day's was work perfect.
To be honest.. if it is ok for two days then goes back to how it was before that sounds more like a setting/software change surely?
Think about it logically. What are the odds on several new hardware items having the exact same fault where no other CHR seems to be reporting this? (That I am aware of)

My money would be on a software setting that is being changed and not a hardware issue.
Can you get someone to take a video of this happening as you drive?
I'd be interested to see exactly what is happening on the screen as you turn - so if we could see the screen AND the wheel as its turning that would be awesome.

If you don't mind that is and you can find a passenger camera person lol :)

Cheers ears!

·
Registered
380 Posts
As a software developer I can't see how the software in your car will react different than in other cars. Since all hardware is the same.
A faulty sensor seems more likely to me.
I can't think of any "setting" that will reverse the turning direction. It is not needed in any situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts