Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems with the nav volume. The current setting is too low. If I increase the media volume, the nav volume increases but so does the radio.
Anyway I can increase the nav volume separate to the radio volume...?
As I was fiddling, it suddenly flashed 'navigation volume' but suddenly disappeared and I've not been able to get it back.
I've entered a random destination and tried to adjust volume via the screen and the steering control but no response.
Also, the 3d building views etc have disappeared as well.
Looked in manual but no mention of volume adjustment.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the same issue, you have to do it when the voice speaks using the buttons on the steering wheel, as I remember there are only 4 levels... AND YOU NEED TO BE QUICK :lol:

Cant help with the other stuff sorry

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasp28 said:
I had the same issue, you have to do it when the voice speaks using the buttons on the steering wheel, as I remember there are only 4 levels... AND YOU NEED TO BE QUICK :lol:

Cheers wasp. I tried that but I'm pretty sure it didn't respond.
I'll have another go. Cheer buddy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you have a destination programmed in, the symbol on the map to the left in blue shows the next or previous direction instruction (cant remember which). Touch the symbol and the previous direction instruction is spoken again. This gives time for you to use the steering volume controls to adjust as required.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DuncanM said:
When you have a destination programmed in, the symbol on the map to the left in blue shows the next or previous direction instruction (cant remember which). Touch the symbol and the previous direction instruction is spoken again. This gives time for you to use the steering volume controls to adjust as required.
Cheers Duncan. I'll try that as well. It was too late last night to go fiddling so I'll have a go today.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Cheers. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Jatski said:
Wasp28 said:

Cheers wasp. I tried that but I'm pretty sure it didn't respond.
I'll have another go. Cheer buddy.
Tried it this morning and i defiantly works on mine as i said you do have to be quick

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DuncanM said:
Duncan.
Did that and indeed I'm able to adjust navigation volume. However I'm on max and it is so quiet!
Now I find the only way to increase the nav volume further is to increase the media volume which means I HAVE to listen to the radio even if I don't want to. Also, the corresponding increase in nav volume is offset by the increased radio volume.
Did Toyota not think to have the 2 volume settings independent?
My Hyundai i40 could be adjusted independently and that was a 13 plate.

By the way guys, thanks for you contributions. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Navigation sound set on maximum.

If you turn the media (radio) volume down then the navigation volume go,s down to.
If you turn the media (radio) volume up then the navigation volume go,s up to.
If the Navi volume says something then the media (radio) volume
go,s down (partial mute) so that you can hear the navigation guidance
So the navigation volume is always,s harder than the media (radio) volume.

If the navigation volume is in general to high choice 6, 5 or lower. You have to experience it.

So my navigation volume works perfectly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
holyhead said:

If you turn the media (radio) volume down then the navigation volume go,s down to.

If the navigation volume is in general to high choice 6, 5 or lower. You have to experience it.

Read what I said FFS!
There is no option of zero radio volume and a decent level of navigation volume...for those of us who don't appreciate the current crappy music offered by most radio stations.
I've obviously worked out the insurance and outs of nav/media volume..

·
Registered
681 Posts
Jatski said:
holyhead said:

Read what I said FFS!
There is no option of zero radio volume and a decent level of navigation volume...for those of us who don't appreciate the current crappy music offered by most radio stations.
Wash your mouth ;)
You can mute the radio and have a decent volume of navigation sound (max)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holyhead said:
Jatski said:
holyhead said:

Read what I said FFS!
Wash your mouth ;)
For goodness sake. I've already said the navigation is at max volume and it is woefully quiet. Thus to increase the nav volume, I've got to turn up the radio.!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jatski said:
holyhead said:
Jatski said:
Read what I said FFS!
Wash your mouth ;)
For goodness sake. I've already said the navigation is at max volume and it is woefully quiet. Thus to increase the nav volume, I've got to turn up the radio.!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
You already said it yourself

And then you mute the radio and the volume of the Nav is allright. That is what you wanted no radio only satnav.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Just to lighten the mood, what about an hearing aid, I find the volume on the satnav loud enough on number 3 and i have damaged hearing. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Well I thought we where all grown up enough to take a joke but I stand corrected :roll:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ans said:
Well I thought we where all grown up enough to take a joke but I stand corrected :roll:
Hardly a joke suggesting that a member is in need of hearing aids. And no, you're not grown up but a trifle sardonic.

You stand corrected.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts