Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Just changed from a 1.2 dynamic 2017 to the GR Sport 1.8.
Ordered end of June and quoted December delivery, but came early and took delivery on 3rd September.
I have fitted teamheko wind deflectors and the spare wheel and hardware kit, got from Toyotaofficial eBay store for around £75 with some discount coupons and the space saver wheel from German tyres also on eBay.
Got to say it’s a dream to drive compared to the 1.2 petrol!

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
View attachment 3976

Ordered end of June and quoted December delivery, but came early and took delivery on 3rd September.
I have fitted teamheko wind deflectors and the spare wheel and hardware kit, got from Toyotaofficial eBay store for around £75 with some discount coupons and the space saver wheel from German tyres also on eBay.
Nice motor, is it White pearl metallic.Thinking of wind deflectors after winters been and gone tho.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 3976

Nice motor, is it White pearl metallic.Thinking of wind deflectors after winters been and gone tho.
Hi
It’s just the solid white but the dealer gave my a ceramic coating on the paintwork and got to say it is fantastic!
Wind deflectors should be weather proof so I wouldn’t worry about that.👍

·
Registered
165 Posts
Toyota has certainly hit the sweet spot with the GR Sport going by the amount of them sold / showing up on here :cool:
How's back mate,I'm off to see my physio today🙈 it's a great deal better,maybe not after 3pm tho. Been teaching wife to use chainsaw as I'm on light duties, she's took to it immediately. Your right about GR Sports they seem popular, tho not driving at the minute wife can spot them now so they're still eye catching.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was 1.2 manual,if so the ECVT will be early Xmas present for you also,maybe better mpg too.
Yeah 1.2 was a manual, looked good but was clunky on the clutch and fuel consumption was awful, average 35 mpg, easily getting 70-75 mpg on the hybrid so was a no brainier with the cost of fuel being expensive, I have treated it to super unleaded up to now though!! 👍

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah 1.2 was a manual, looked good but was clunky on the clutch and fuel consumption was awful, average 35 mpg, easily getting 70-75 mpg on the hybrid so was a no brainier with the cost of fuel being expensive, I have treated it to super unleaded up to now though!! 👍
It's goes just as well on E10,I've tried both,the E5 seemed to deliver smoother ride for overtaking more refined but mpg wasn't alot different to be honest. Ours is 2.0 ltr.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's goes just as well on E10,I've tried both,the E5 seemed to deliver smoother ride for overtaking more refined but mpg wasn't alot different to be honest. Ours is 2.0 ltr.
Thanks for the advice, probably treating it because it’s my new toy!!😂
Will keep an eye on the prices for now it was 7p per litre difference and I’ve only put £23 in so far from the 3rd sept, the 1.2 was around £35 per week!!!👍👍

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks really well in white! Ordered mine end of July, hoping it will be here late oct for November delivery.
Ordered 1.8 as well so hoping fuel consumption will be same as yours🤞how does it perform compared to your 1.2, does it feel underpowered?, that was my only concern when I ordered the 1.8.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi
It’s a totally different drive from a manual with a clunky gearbox, so much smoother, it has got the power when you need it but more suited to gradually build your speed rather than boot it, dealer told me to stay in the eco and not as much in the power zone,it’s my first hybrid by the way, just seem to drive with more care in this one, always watching the metre!! 👍👍

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took one for a test drive and the little green car was addictive, could have done with a longer test drive eg 24 hours, but was impressed with the drive (although sales person in car) would have been nice to drive unnacompanied and for longer to get the feel for the car, I did like it though.......and ordered one😩👍😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts