Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't think I'd need mud flaps but having driven in the rain a lot I'm fed up with the dirt down the side of the car.

I've seen the official Toyota ones on their eBay site for £36 delivered, just wondering if anyone has bought them and if they are easy to fit?

Or any third party ones that could be recommended?

Cheers:)

·
Registered
759 Posts
I found fitting instructions online - cant remember where, sorry. The front ones are easy to fit but the back ones require drilling and the car to be jacked and wheel removed ( not so easy if you dont have a jack supplied!!)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Search for 'instruction manuals online' in this forum and you will find a post with a link to a fitting guide for mud flaps

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alexr said:
I found fitting indtructions online - cant remember where, sorry. The front ones are easy to fit but the back ones require drilling and the car to be jscked and wheel removed ( not so easy if you dont have a jack supplied!!)
Cheers Alex will look online :)
asinrute said:
Search for 'instruction manuals online' in this forum and you will find a post with a link to a fitting guide for mud flaps
Thanks, have looked through the forum but couldn't see anything, will check again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow thanks for the links!

Don't mind fixing the front ones, not sure I can summon the effort to do the rears, may go to the dealer and see what they can do :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
mccldd said:
took about 10 minutes per wheel. Didn't even have to remove rear wheels. So simple.
Same for me, paid £32 for the set inc VAT as purchased when I collected the car and they gave me a discount :

·
Registered
759 Posts
Pelforth said:
Ah didn't read the link properly, so you don't need to remove the wheel?

In that case may summon the energy!
Not sure what I missed, but it seems to me that it would be very hard to drill the extra hole with the wheel on, but not tried it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok call me stupid but I've looked at the mechanics instructions again and I'm baffled.

Does the wheel need to come off? There seems to be a lot of eyes looking at things but not much in the way of description.

I'm not unaccustomed to basic car mechanics, I can do most things without the help of a garage, but those instructions are obviously designed for professionals :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
I used a flexible drill extension, so didn't remove the rear wheels. No it didn't go in as straight as I'd have liked but the rear flaps haven't dropped off as yet :)

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
i had the wheels off to clean them so fitted the mudflaps at the same time

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a set of the standard Toyota mud-flaps (part no PW389 10000). No problems fitting the front ones, but .. not so the rear!
1) You are required to remove a screw at the back of the wheel-arch. Whilst I have this screw on the rhs, not so the lhs where there is a plastic clip instead (which looks as if it would be difficult to remove, and wouldn't hold a mud-flap in any case). Did all of you who have fitted mud-flaps have a screw on both sides?
2) I removed the rear wheels, lined the flap up accurately and drilled the required hole .. but it is at least 5mm from where it needs to be to match with the provided metal clip. Again, anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
rogergentry said:
I bought a set of the standard Toyota mud-flaps (part no PW389 10000). No problems fitting the front ones, but .. not so the rear!
1) You are required to remove a screw at the back of the wheel-arch. Whilst I have this screw on the rhs, not so the lhs where there is a plastic clip instead (which looks as if it would be difficult to remove, and wouldn't hold a mud-flap in any case). Did all of you who have fitted mud-flaps have a screw on both sides?
2) I removed the rear wheels, lined the flap up accurately and drilled the required hole .. but it is at least 5mm from where it needs to be to match with the provided metal clip. Again, anyone else had this problem?
Agree with and followed up exactly how described. Yes the lower hole is out by about 8mm. So fitted the upper bolt & aligned the rear flaps & drilled out the mudflap & the wheel arch & then the required screw fitted.
The bottom screw ( the one that screws upwards from beneath )also presented with a problem. The hole provided in the panel is too large to take the screw, in any case this too did not align. So again drilled the pane through the flap hole & screwed through.

Incidentally, the 6mm drilling suggested in the instructions is too wide. drilled out with a 2mm hole for both drillings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.