Toyota C-HR Forum banner
361 - 367 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Alexr said:
I dont believe these figures.
Yeah, that's why I posted it. I'm surprised too!

Managed 71 over about 22 miles earlier today. Kinda low by my standards! Best I got recently was 97 over about 6 miles. Happy to post pics if people doubt me.

Any ideas why I seem to be getting such unusually good figures?

·
Registered
206 Posts
SeeHR said:
Alexr said:
I dont believe these figures.
Yeah, that's why I posted it. I'm surprised too!

Managed 71 over about 22 miles earlier today. Kinda low by my standards! Best I got recently was 97 over about 6 miles. Happy to post pics if people doubt me.

Any ideas why I seem to be getting such unusually good figures?
As many people have said on here short journey's mileage figures mean nothing .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Managed 66.8 over 348 miles without switching the car off (had a pet with us so left the car on with the AC running).

AC on the whole way, 1 passenger and the boot and loaded to the brim with stuff because we were moving house. Cruise control on 75mph most of the way.

Pretty phenomenal stuff! Have a pic of it if anyone doubts me…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Only had my 1:8 Icon for about 7 weeks, but been away three times on a mixture of motorway, mixed road and town driving, have done about 1800 miles and it's averaging just over 74 mpg, I'm happy with that, no more hols booked for this year so mileage will reduce and I suspect fuel consumption will increase slightly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the 18 litre hybrid (no 2.0 litre hybrids in Australia), getting 4.9 litres per 100 km in the city stop start, short trips, etc, goes down (or up, I suppose?) to 4.6 litres per 100 km on motorways or longer trips. Equivalent in Imperial measurements ~ 57 to 61 miles per UK gallon.

Outside temp here during the day now (Winter) is around +16 C, in summer can get up to 45 C on odd days.

Running in Normal mode, with ac always on. Unleaded petrol 92 RON

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just done the first full refill on the 2.0 Excel , the on board computer was saying 57.1 mpg over a mix of motorway , hilly cross country and local around town stuff. When I calculated it myself it came out at 58.4 mpg which is the first time I've had a car return better figures than the on board computer. So far we're very pleased with the car👍

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took the car for it's first proper long trip since I got it, brand new in August 2019. It was just shy of a 400 mile round trip. According to the trip computer I did 197.8 miles outbound at 65.9mpg and the return was 199.10 at 72.5mpg. I filled the tank up before I left and filled it at the end of my journey. It used 27.21 litres. I got that to be an average of 66.31mpg over all, by my calculations. A combination of 50/50 motorway and 'A' Road driving. Didn't hammer the car. The journey took about 8 hours in total, so averaging 50mph or thereabouts

361 - 367 of 367 Posts